Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

lack of power

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gwelsh

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 3:38 pm    Post subject: lack of power Reply with quote

it seems like my 1991 jeep yj is not getting the right power it should and it seems like it is flooding it's self the fuel pump in good, fuel filter, converter is good, got good fuel pressure in the lines none are leaking sensers are changed like the map, temp, and throttle body, and oxygen. the only only thing i can think of is the timing but she idles good so i don't think that would be the problem...and ideas what to check/look for before i strip apart the engine?
ehirner

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pull hair

Take a minute and breathe. That's one of the longest sentences I've ever seen.
MN Dave

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm having the same problem, but my idles pretty low. I know the previous owner advanced the timing and I haven't touched it since. Could that be my problem?

Edit 4/25- the timing chain is advanced, the actual timing should be fine.
DesertYJ

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 1:43 pm    Post subject: Re: lack of power Reply with quote

Gwelsh wrote:
it seems like my 1991 jeep yj is not getting the right power it should and it seems like it is flooding it's self the fuel pump in good, fuel filter, converter is good, got good fuel pressure in the lines none are leaking sensers are changed like the map, temp, and throttle body, and oxygen. the only only thing i can think of is the timing but she idles good so i don't think that would be the problem...and ideas what to check/look for before i strip apart the engine?

When were the sensors changed? Last week or 35,000 miles ago?
Make sure th O2 sensor is pluged in all the way. I have seen this several times before.
shvlhd666

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What do your sparkplugs look like? Are they fouling? Are you blowing any smoke out the exhaust? If so, what color is the smoke?
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> YJ Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: