Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Dry River Trail Clean Up - Write up and Pics

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jen2Goofy
Trail Goddess
Trail Goddess

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 5:36 am    Post subject: Dry River Trail Clean Up - Write up and Pics Reply with quote

The Off Camber Crawlers (OCC) hosted a trail clean up of Dry River / Kephart Run in Harrisonburg, VA this past Saturday, April 16th. I would like to thank Wayne from OCC for organizing the event and letting me, David and Donna from FM2CD tag along and help out.

We had a total of 8 vehicles, 6 jeeps and 2 pick up trucks. (Unfortunately, Randy Woods who drove one of the trucks from OCC was not feeling well so he had to leave early.) The day turned out to be a beautiful spring day, perfect for some spring cleaning of the trails.

We first stopped off to air down before heading into the trail, as we were airing down the spot was pretty trashed so we spent some time cleaning it up. As luck would have it, a park ranger stopped by while we were picking up all the garbage. He thanked us for cleaning up, also asked us not to clean up a spot on the opposite side of the road. Apparently some brainiac dumped a bunch of garbage, including all sorts of stuff that had their address. They plan on going after the people, woohoo!!

This is a pic of Dave, Donna and Edward Salas from OCC (I think, unfortunately I can't remember everyone's name).

A pic of two other OCC members hard at work (Julie and Burton Simonds)

Here are some before and after pictures of the Dry River Camp site we cleaned up.

Since we were going into the trail, of course we got a chance to do some wheeling. Here is a pic of a creek crossing. Once you get into a bit, it gets pretty deep. (almost up to the door of my TJ!)

Unfortunately I didn't get any pictures of the F350 going through everything, but it was pretty impressive. There were a couple of tight spots, but the truck did very well. We had the truck loaded down with garbage, including two big tires in the back of mine and a couple of bags in the back of David and Donna's YJ.

Here is a pic of all of us with our bounty of garbage!! We collected 600 LBS!!!

Thanks again OCC for hosting the trail clean up, not only did we get to do some good, but FM2CD got a chance to meet some very nice people. It was a very successful day.

Jen

www.vajeepgirls.com

www.fm2cd.com

(O||||||O)

Last edited by Jen2Goofy on Fri Apr 22, 2005 11:11 am; edited 1 time in total
ThePhantum
Pissed-Off Admin
Pissed-Off Admin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 6:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good stuff. We need more writeups like this. It's the other side of what responsible wheelers do...and we don't hear enough about it. Wink

97 XJ Sport with a bunch of stuff
Quote:
Never argue with idiots, they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
majikxms

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great job ya'll. Way to represent not only FM2CD and OCC, but all respectable outdoors people. My hats off to you.
Billy's89XJ

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man great job guys!!!!! My hats off to you all to thumbs Can't believe all the trash there Crying or Very sad Would love to wheel there one day.
kitesurferinva

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw you guys all at the sheetz in harrisonburg when we got down there. We had a group of 12 jeeps and where headed up to 2nd Mountain for the day. I guess it was you who had the FM2CD LP on your jeep? I saw some of the OCC crew that I know, and Randy Wood's appeared to be on hand with his Pickup truck. We heard some of your chatter on the CB and wound up changing channels so we wouldnt interfear with you all. We had hoped to run into you guys at the end of dry river, over by the last river crossing right before you come back out on 33 but I guess you guys where gone. We played in the river for a bit and then headed home.

Anyway, great writeup, maybe next time I'll actually get to meet you guys in person. Smile
Kitesurferinva -98 TJ 2" BB, 1" BL, Big Daddy Rocker Guards, Custom front bumper, SKBpro rear bumper w/ spare tire swing out carrier, 33x12.5 BFG MT's on 15x10 AR Outlaw II's, 2 Hella lights, warn engine and diff skids, Kilby steering skid
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Events & Places All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: