Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

newbie needs some info

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bmeyst

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2005 6:30 pm    Post subject: newbie needs some info Reply with quote

i'm a new jeep owner, and bye new i don't mean i bought it brand new. i need somme info on my 97' jeep grand cherokee larado 5.2 V8 quadra-trac!! like what is the stock hardware (front and rear axles,diffs.,running gears, tranny, base horsepower, torque) I'm making a changeover fom my 'yota to jeep and am illitatate to them. FORGIVE ME!! newbie
swamp boy
Cherokee Muderator
Cherokee Muderator

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2005 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The front axle is a Dana 30 the rear is probobly a Dana 35.. You have a New Process 249 Transfer case... The transmission is a 44RE (thats an electronic shift 4 speed automatic.. ) Also known as a Chrysler Model 500..

The 5.2 V8 Is a very good engine.. Its base is the Dodge 318. It has been around for years and its a very good motor.. I think its somewhere around
220 HP @ 4400 RPMs.. And the torrque should be 300 FT/LBS @ 3200 RPM

And lets see...................3.91" Bore and 3.31'' Stroke and 8.91:1 Compression ratio....

The standard gear Ratio is 3:73 but you might possibly have 3:55... Just look under at the rear axle .. If you have a metal tag on it read it.. The gear ratio is written on that tag.. Also if you have 2 metal tags (One saying something about "traction additive" ) you have a limited slip rear ...

Does that help???

Mr. Green

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
1fox2go

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2005 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

what you guess the hp and torque is on a I6 swampy?
bmeyst

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2005 5:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanx man that helps out alot sound like i got a little less work to do then i thought! thanks
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Grand Cherokee Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: