Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Re-building my 8274

View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 5:19 pm    Post subject: Re-building my 8274 Reply with quote

So I've been cleaning up my jeeps warn. The cable is rough but will work. The oil inside was done, more like varnish with water than oil.

This is the case to the motor, how much rust should be removed ie; do I need to remove the coils?Or is it a don't mess with it thing?

The inside top where the pads go, looks the worst. I plan on hitting the pads with some emery cloth, any precautions? The tape apperars OK.

this is the middle part of the motor, how can I clean the Black (tie-tie) section the section that hits the pads inside the cover, without eating up the clear coat I can only assume is on the section that is marked by the yellow (tie-tie). Is this section of wire coated? should I use some high temp paint and a Q-tip? and the Blue (tie-tie) is where the wire comes from inbetween the contact area from the other side does this have any coatings?

I have been using this site for help any other would be great, links?

thanks in advance for any help.
82' CJ-5, holly fuel injected (not that great), MSD 6-Offroad Ignition, Pro Billet Distributer, blaster II coil, a few oil leaks, some body cancer and a Dana 30 that might need replacing.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> General Tech All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: