Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

03 RUBICON

View previous topic :: View next topic  
D-Rod

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 12:51 pm    Post subject: 03 RUBICON Reply with quote

I have a 03 RUBICON with a 3 inch Teraflex suspension lift and a one inch body lift with 285 Goodyear MT/R Tires. Went to Off Road Warehouse which put on the lift 2 years ago. My front tires are cupped and I need to replace all four. Worn after 30,000 miles. The shop recommended an adjustable front track bar. The current front track bar has too much play. Was this the primary cause of my tires being cupped ? I plan on replacing the 285s and getting a Teraflex adjustable front sway bar and going to 305 MT/R's after my 30K service.

The dealership wants $600 for my Jeep's 30K service. Ouch. Just what needs to be done on the 30K ? I believe I can have it done somewhere cheaper.

Thanks.
ehirner

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 1:16 pm    Post subject: Re: 03 RUBICON Reply with quote

D-Rod wrote:
I have a 03 RUBICON with a 3 inch Teraflex suspension lift and a one inch body lift with 285 Goodyear MT/R Tires. Went to Off Road Warehouse which put on the lift 2 years ago. My front tires are cupped and I need to replace all four. Worn after 30,000 miles. The shop recommended an adjustable front track bar. The current front track bar has too much play. Was this the primary cause of my tires being cupped ? I plan on replacing the 285s and getting a Teraflex adjustable front sway bar and going to 305 MT/R's after my 30K service.

Cupped? As is the outside edges wore down and the center of the tread didn't? Check your tire pressure first.

Is your front axle centered now? If so, how did ORW center it? Redrill the lower mount? Adjustable trackbar?

Don't waste your money on the Tera swaybar. It's nothing more than a fancy disconnect. Spend a little more for the ORO SwayLock or stick with the tried and true Currie Anti-Rock. If you don't want either of those, just get simple disconnects and save $150, if not more.

Quote:
The dealership wants $600 for my Jeep's 30K service. Ouch. Just what needs to be done on the 30K ? I believe I can have it done somewhere cheaper.

You manual details what service should be done at what intervals.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> TJ Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: