Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Rubicon Express Slip Yoke #1822 for XJ

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Billy's89XJ

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 6:11 pm    Post subject: Rubicon Express Slip Yoke #1822 for XJ Reply with quote

Installed Rubicon Express Slip Yoke #RE1822 in zilla today Mr. Green
Quote:
"Extended Cherokee slip yoke adds 5/8" of length and most importantly sufficient operating angle to avoid driveshaft bind on lifted vehicles. A must for any lifted pre-1996 Cherokee where a CV driveshaft kit is not utilized. An easy install."

Here's a pic of the of the old

Easy to remove, first chuck the wheels and have the emergency brake set too. Make sure the rear is higher or you will have fluid come out once removed. Remove the 4 bolts holding the drive shaft/u-joint in place.

What it looks like removed

You should have 4 bolts and two brackets off

Now slide the u-joint off the axle, lower it and slid out of the t-case. Pay attention to where the wieghts are or mark the shaft to axle with a marker to install back in the same postion. Now once removed you will need to press the U-joint out and the re-install the new shaft.
Here you can see the RE is longer

Looks tougher too!! Noticed the extra room for movement too, no more binds Mr. Green

Now in it's new happy home rofl rofl

Was an easy install, and has a lot of room for driveshaft angles, plus getting the xtra back into the t-case is a plus!!
ehirner

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How exactly does that help the driveshaft angles? The only thing I see that doing is giving you a little more length before you pull the driveshaft off the outputshaft on the t-case.
Billy's89XJ

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ehirner wrote:
How exactly does that help the driveshaft angles? The only thing I see that doing is giving you a little more length before you pull the driveshaft off the outputshaft on the t-case.

The main reason I got it was for more shaft into the t-case. The angles are better if you look at this pic

Notice how the new one has a more opened curved u compared to the square factory. I noticed when I held the drive shaft, the shaft end that goes into the t-case would lean over father than the stock.
ThePhantum
Pissed-Off Admin
Pissed-Off Admin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea, it doesn't really help the DS angles at all. Aside from giving the yoke more room to slip out, it actually lets the DS angle a bit more than the stock one...which puts even more stress on the u-joints. You should prolly replace those joints with some greasable Spicers Vic.

97 XJ Sport with a bunch of stuff
Quote:
Never argue with idiots, they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Billy's89XJ

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thephantum wrote:
Yea, it doesn't really help the DS angles at all. Aside from giving the yoke more room to slip out, it actually lets the DS angle a bit more than the stock one...which puts even more stress on the u-joints. You should prolly replace those joints with some greasable Spicers Vic.

I allready installed them Mr. Green Just dirty from wheelin rofl rofl Greased them back up and all ready for Saturday Mr. Green
ehirner

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vic's89XJ wrote:
Notice how the new one has a more opened curved u compared to the square factory. I noticed when I held the drive shaft, the shaft end that goes into the t-case would lean over father than the stock.

Steve beat me to it...

That would actually give you the potential for worse driveline vibes as it would allow more of an angle on the driveshaft before maxing out the u-joint or the yoke.
Billy's89XJ

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess it could?? So far I like it a lot Mr. Green No vibes, nothing!! Mainly got it to put more back in the t-case.
ThePhantum
Pissed-Off Admin
Pissed-Off Admin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gee, I wonder what will Vic break at Big Levels? laugh

You'd better start carrying a spare drive shaft....I ain't towin' yer stank ass out of a trail when you flex that rear axle and snap a u-joint. Finger

rofl rofl rofl

97 XJ Sport with a bunch of stuff
Quote:
Never argue with idiots, they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Billy's89XJ

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thephantum wrote:
Gee, I wonder what will Vic break at Big Levels? laugh

You'd better start carrying a spare drive shaft....I ain't towin' yer stank ass out of a trail when you flex that rear axle and snap a u-joint. Finger

rofl rofl rofl

Na I'll just borrow yours while your sleeping Finger
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Projects & Reviews All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: