Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I NEED OPINIONS ON THESE TOPICS

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ZJJEEPER33

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 11:42 am    Post subject: I NEED OPINIONS ON THESE TOPICS Reply with quote

FIRST IS WHERE I CAN MOUNT 4-5 SWITCHS INA 97 GRAND CHEROKEE. 2ND IS DOES ANYONE KNOW WHERE I CAN GET A OFFROAD REAR BUMPER AND THIRD IS HOW TO YOU THE MIRRORS OFF THE GRAND CHEROKEE WITH POWER MIRRORS. I WANA BUILD BRACKETS TO MOUNT LIGHTS ON TOP OF THE MIRRORS WITHOUT DRILLING INTO THEM.
swamp boy
Cherokee Muderator
Cherokee Muderator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

STOP SCREAMING........
1st...If you dont smoke you can put them in the front of the ash tray... (cut out the back to clear wires...

2nd....I have never needed a rear bumper but I think if you check Kevins Jeepparts.com he has one...

3rd.....take the inner door panels off and there is a black rubber do-jiggy there are 3 10mm bolts that hold the mirror on...

Carl

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
ZJJEEPER33

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for the advice. sorry about all the caps. i wasnt p!ssed just happy. how hard is it to take the door panel off.
swamp boy
Cherokee Muderator
Cherokee Muderator

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 4:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look around ...There is a screw in the door handle.. There is one in the top of the door (behind a plug..) I think thats it... Look around and make sure you have all the screws out then grab the bottom of the door skin and pull up and out... It will pop right off... Mr. Green

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
jeepzj9304

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 7:04 pm    Post subject: Door panel and rear bumper Reply with quote

The best thing to do if your going to be taking off the door panel go and buy a Haynes manual those things are life savers. Haynes manuals tell you how to do everything so you dont need any one to tell you hoe to do things your jeep.

the other thing is the rear bumper go to http://www.rockratz.com
they got some pretty cool stuff
Jeep'n'John

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DUDE!! Those Haynes manuals are worthless unless you need to know how to change oil... Ok there are a few specifics but those manuals cover like the entire span of cherokee/grand cherokee years and most of what it tells you can figure out yourself.....The paperback Chilton one isnt much better and get this.....Most of the wire schematics dont match in the two books....HAHAHAHA

I just wanted a decent wire diagram.....at least something with the wire colors right????? yeah right......Now im gonna have to chase wires

by the way, if anyone has a real schematic for the power door locks on a 96GCL w/ keyless entry PLEASE HELP ME......

Im about ready to spend the $150$ for a factory print shop manual...
1fox2go

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2005 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dont do that did you try to google it?

you will be amazed what people post up on the net
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Grand Cherokee Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: