Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Need help tires are rubbing badly against the inside

View previous topic :: View next topic  
coolest_stan

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2005 4:29 pm    Post subject: Need help tires are rubbing badly against the inside Reply with quote

Hey guys, you guys may or may not knwo taht I got into an accident a few weeks ago. Well, I finally got my car back, and I am prety pleased with the work done. However, the guys at the shop put a bumper back onto my jeep (stock one), and it rubs with my 30x9.5 tires!
THis is very strange, because I was under the assumption that 30x9.5s would fit perfectly, without any rubbing at ALL!
Well, it seems that when I turn all the way, the back part of the tires hit the inside of my jeep. How do I fix this?
SOmetimes the front part of the tires also rub against the bumper, but I am just going to trim the bumper with an electric saw, which I am going to buy from home depot tommorow.
Just need help on the rubbing on the inside.
Thanks
Code3TJ
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2005 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did it rub before or was the bumper not on it? ???
coolest_stan

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2005 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

no, didnt rub before, when there ws no bumper., but I am pretty sure the bumper is not the problem (for when it is rubbing ont he inside)
swamp boy
Cherokee Muderator
Cherokee Muderator

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2005 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very simple ... Find out where its rubbing and cut that off.... Mr. Green

Just kidding ... Seriously though find out where its rubbing.. IF its rubbing at the top of the fender well you are going to have to lift ... You can usually fit 30's on stuck but maybe your springs have sagged.. And you are rubbing from that...

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
coolest_stan

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2005 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

im not sure if it is rubbing thouigh. it sounds like a very loud, obnoxious clicking noise.
could it be my power steering failing?
swamp boy
Cherokee Muderator
Cherokee Muderator

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2005 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ohhhh... Clicking in turns or all the time???

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
swamp boy
Cherokee Muderator
Cherokee Muderator

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2005 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry I just reread your original post.. I think you might want to chack the alignment and make sure your axle is centered... Since you dont have an adjustable track bar yours may be bent or maybe control arms are bent..

If you are only hitting on one side chacke track bar.. If you hit on both sides you willl need to exentd your steering stops ...Either way .. Not a hard fix..

coolest_stan

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2005 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for the help swamp boy, I called up the mechanic guy today, and I will tell hm what you said.
But he will most liekly find out for himself because I am driving over to his shop tommrow. I thnk I just need to adjust the track bar? (since i am only hitting on one side)
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Grand Cherokee Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: