Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Problems starting my 93 Jeep

View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2005 11:06 am    Post subject: Problems starting my 93 Jeep Reply with quote

Hello there,

This is the first Jeep I have ever owned and I love it. I have had a few minor repairs done in the last year. My current problem is it is not starting. My jeep was running like normal last Friday when I parked it to do a little shopping. I got back in my jeep about 30 minutes later and it didn't start. All the lights on my dash work as well as the radio, none of the power is draining either. My battery has been replaced within the last year so I rule it out. I got a ride home and the next day when I returned to the Jeep to have it towed it started! I just messed with the gear shift, which I had done the night before, and it started. I don't know why it started the next day and not the night before. Anyways, I drove it for the rest of the weekend. I know I should have brought it in immediately but my funds are low at this point and I was hoping I could put it off until my next paycheck. So I drove it to work on Monday and when I returned to the car to go home it wouldn't start. So my question is....

How can I tell if it is the starter, the NSS switch or the Solenoid Starter Switch?

I really don't have the money to pay for the starter repair ($150 rebuilt starter plus $75 labor) let alone the NSS switch ($240 just for the part plus $100 labor). I have already called around different repair shops for estimates. None of them mentioned the Solenoid Starter Switch, I have browsed the forum and I don't see why they didn't consider this a problem. Is it because that would be a cheap repair?

Can you help me please....any information would be great. Thanks in advance!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Cherokee Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: