Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Very close. Edit: (I'm a Jeep owner) edit: pics

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
outcold

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 3:01 pm    Post subject: Very close. Edit: (I'm a Jeep owner) edit: pics Reply with quote

Wrangler X with Tubular chrome bumpers and step guards, Premium audio system(which will be switched with my Sat radio), AC, Six Speed, Trac Loc Diff and some other stuff.

Last edited by outcold on Thu Jun 02, 2005 6:25 am; edited 2 times in total
WhatWasIThinkin

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OH GAWD THE HORROR OF CHROMED TUBULAR BUMPERS....MY FARKING EYES ARE BLEEDING

other than that the X is a nice rig! Mr. Green

but the chrome....gaak

The other thing about the X is the gears. They usually come with 3.07 gears and those arent big tire friendly. If you plan to keep it road friendly and stay with stock diameter tires then its a great rig. And pretty offroad capable as is. But should you get bit by the bug and feel the need for larger meats, then 4.11 or 4.56 gears is the way to go.

Real Jeeps dont wear Bra's
'drack
▲▼webwheeler▼▲
▲▼webwheeler▼▲

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just from looking at the pics, you're most likely looking at a D35 and 3.07's. Not a bad thing, just not as mod friendly if you ever plan on going bigger than 33" in the tire department. Not everyone does or even want to, so like I said, may not be a bad thing. Only reason I say that it looks like a 35 is that it's got the stock 7" wheels and I believe that the package that has the D44 bundled in there is with the factory 8" alloys. Trac loc is nice to have for wet pavement and mild wintery driving and they're just hella great vehicles to own Mr. Green .

Other than that, the bumpers aren't my cup of tea...be it chrome or black, just not a fan of the '80esque tube look (reminds me of leafing thru wheeling rags as a youngin rofl ).
Navy-Jeepster

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2005 6:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That looks like a nice rig.
I have a 2004 TJ X. I tow a camp trailer with it.
We are getting ready to lift it also. I will have to do a regear once all is said and done.
I have put a Rock-itman front bumper on it, and a Warn Rock Crawler on the rear.
I also have a Warn XD9000i and Warn winch mount plate on the front.

It is very capable off road as a stock jeep with the stock tires.
But I want more ability.

Navy-Jeepster
Gold Digger
KnightFire

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2005 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice looking X Mr. Green
However, I agree with the brohs, chrome bumpers...yak!

You can get 3.73:1 gears in the X, however do yourself a favor and look for a D44 4.10:1 gears...I'm not sure if they still come in that flavor with the X models, I know I had a helluva time finding the 3.73:1 gears in my X. The dealer had to search 3 states to find one.

What kind of plans do you have for it?

KnightFire

Amsoil Dealer
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
AggieDog

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2005 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With the Rocky Mtn Edition you can get a D-44 rear end and 3.73 gears. Only the 4 cyl and Rubicon come with 4:11 gears.
04 Rocky Mtn Edition TJ, 4.0 L 5 Speed Manual, D44 rearend,4.56 gears, Jeeperman rear bumper, swingaway, Jamboree rack, Warn front bumper, Warn steering box skid plate, Warn oilpan skidplate, Rubicon 3.5 lift, Warn CE M8000 winch.
outcold

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2005 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have no idea on plans for this thing. I looked at one other and it has the ecco wheel package(yippie) but it only has the four speaker system, clear soft top windows, regular bumpers and the 3.07 rear end. I have a long drive to work every day and was wondering if the 3.07 or the 3.73 rear end is better for gas mileage /offroad?
What do you think of this one?

WhatWasIThinkin

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2005 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey thats better Wink ...no chrome...foosh!

3.07 gears are used for milage. It causes the engine to run at fairly low rpm on the highway. Lower RPMs=less gas used.

Real Jeeps dont wear Bra's
T.O.W. Vehicle

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2005 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What are YOUR plans for the Jeep?

That determines what you'll need to know and what you need to purchase.
Warn X8000i winch, Warn Rock Bumpers
RE 4.5"Super Flex Lift
AA HD SYE
JKS Quicker Disconnects
Shrockguards
Tellico & Windrock Tested & Customized!!!!
IBTJn

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2005 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To give you a good idea on the 3.07's, on flat highway you'll get decent mileage. Other than that they suck (IMO). However, the overall performance and fuel economy of the 3.73's is much better in my opinion...especially in any city driving (and most certainly off road). The engine doesn't have to work hard to provide power at low end. You'll be able to put 31" tires on there as it sits...and with 3.07's you'll find yourself having to double clutch it all the time to get things going. And...I agree with looking for the Dana44 rear end too, but it will likely only affect you if you plan on future mods and/or wheelin' it alot.

Out of the box though, the TJ is a good rig. If I'd had my choice of the two you shown, I'd select the one with stock bumpers. It's likely you'll end up changing those eventually anyway. Not much market for tube bumpers, so you are better off (IMO) not paying for them...which you can bet they'll charge you for. But I have always liked the Red/black combo color. thumbs

Wink
outcold

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well the one with the "foosh chrome" is the one with the 3.73. I do plan on doing some off roading. I have no Idea where or how to yet but I'm a quick learner.

I think I like the options better on the one with the "Foosh Chrome". The only thing I like about the other one is that it is a big dealership with a nice service center and the ecco tire pkg. The first one has the better stereo, better rear end and tinted windows.

I think I like the foosh chrome one.
AggieDog

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you can get a good price then get the silly chrome bumper one, it's a better jeep. I agree with all others, get rid of those chrome bumpers "soon".

Does that jeep have a Dana 44 rear end? If so, that would ice the deal for me, if I were not going to get a Rubicon.
04 Rocky Mtn Edition TJ, 4.0 L 5 Speed Manual, D44 rearend,4.56 gears, Jeeperman rear bumper, swingaway, Jamboree rack, Warn front bumper, Warn steering box skid plate, Warn oilpan skidplate, Rubicon 3.5 lift, Warn CE M8000 winch.
outcold

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know what a Dana 44 is but I know the ratio is 3.73 on the Chrome bumper one.
IBTJn

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

outcold wrote:
Well the one with the "foosh chrome" is the one with the 3.73. I do plan on doing some off roading. I have no Idea where or how to yet but I'm a quick learner.

I think I like the options better on the one with the "Foosh Chrome". The only thing I like about the other one is that it is a big dealership with a nice service center and the ecco tire pkg. The first one has the better stereo, better rear end and tinted windows.

I think I like the foosh chrome one.
Go to the dealership you want, tell the sales guy EXACTLY what you want to do, work the deal and ask them to do a dealer trade! Most all will. And most can or will drop (switch) the bumpers...especially if you provide the VIN/stock number and what YOU WANT. If they don't want to work the deal your way, then no matter how good of service center they have, I'd not deal with them. Tell them you are ready to do the deal and business with them today...IF they do the deal your way! <----(EXACTLY LIKE THAT!) The car business is a "now" business...and your committment to that insures you are serious. Most all dealerships are much more willing to cooperate with your wishes given your committment.

Most certainly if it has the 3:73's (and especially D44 rear end) buy it. You won't regret it...and it'll always be worth just a little more in resale value because of it. Tires, wheels, and some of the other things you like they'll upgrade for you as well...IF you ask. Of course you'll pay for those upgrades, but they'll do it. If it were me, I'd add those things later. If you enjoy offroading (which most do), you'll be replacing with better stuff anyway.
Wink
outcold

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the advice. I went to three dealers. I have been in sales for about 10 years and sold cars for a short time. I hammered these dealers hard. The second dealer tried to sell me one for about 100 dollars more a month than a similar priced one. I laughed and started spouting off about "you guys are crazy?!, I just got a price from the other dealer for 100 less per month and their jeep was more expensive!," He came back a short time later about 110 less per month. Clowns! What's shity is that some people probably fall for that shit.

Later after I told them I don't make Life decisions quickly he threw in 12 oil/Lubes for free. I told him thanks and I will get back to them.

I don't know about the rest of the U.S. but the northeast is in a retail stall. These guys need to sell me more than I need to buy.

And can someone please tell me what a Dana 44 is? Also if a 3.73 can be a Dana44?

Thanks,

Rich
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> TJ Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: