Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Lift considerations for my 03 TJ SE

View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 1:03 pm    Post subject: Lift considerations for my 03 TJ SE Reply with quote

I am sitting here with my stock 03 TJ SE that I have had for just over one year. I would like to lift it and put larger tires on it. It only has a 4 banger though.

I have both a "Performance Products" and an "Essentials" catologs; and in looking a these catologs I see lifts by: Superlift, Black Diamond, Skjacker, Rancho, Rubicon Express, Favtech, Old Man Emu, Teraflex, Trail Master, 4Wheel Drive Hardware and Full Traction.

I would appreciate any information on which of the above is of better quality, offers the best on and off road drivability or other vendors.

I drive my Jeep every day in the summer. I don't do any heavy-duty rock crawling and might never.

I don't want to prematurely kill my 4-banger or put too much stress on the tranny. Maybe someday down the road I might upgrade the power plant and put heavier axles under my Jeep.

This is the first Jeep I have owned and I love it I just want more off road capability.

I would probably stay with a tire size of at or under 35".

Thanks for any information you can offer.
Jeeps: the grandaddy of the Hummer

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2005 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Based on what you said, I would put a Rubicon Budget boost on it, that gives you 2 inches of lift on your current suspension, and I would stick agressive 31 inch tires on it. ie 31 X 10.50 . If you go larger on your tire size, you probably are going to have a dog on the road unless you are willing to re-gear both your front and rear differentials.

I did that on my 04 TJ, and while I am not up as high as others, my jeep now has alot more capability than stock, and it actually looks like a jeep should sit. Going higher you can do, but you will need to spend alot more money on re-gearing, probably will need a slip yoke eliminator, etc. Others know more than me, but that's how I see it for you.
04 Rocky Mtn Edition TJ, 4.0 L 5 Speed Manual, D44 rearend,4.56 gears, Jeeperman rear bumper, swingaway, Jamboree rack, Warn front bumper, Warn steering box skid plate, Warn oilpan skidplate, Rubicon 3.5 lift, Warn CE M8000 winch.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suspension, Steering & Tires All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: