Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CRD Shudder between 50 and 60 mph

View previous topic :: View next topic  
valkraider

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 9:49 am    Post subject: CRD Shudder between 50 and 60 mph Reply with quote

For those who are having (or have had) the studder at around 55mph after accelerating - here is a petition so that we can count ourselves.

CRD Studder petition

That is a good way to track numbers, and to use as ammunition at the dealership (proving that other people are having the same problem).

Additional discussion in here and here.
Code3TJ
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rather than a petition, you'll have better luck making a complaint with NHTSA who will actually investigate it. Wink
http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/ivoq/
valkraider

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Code3TJ wrote:
Rather than a petition, you'll have better luck making a complaint with NHTSA who will actually investigate it. Wink
http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/ivoq/

The main purpose is to simply count the people having the issue. If that number gets high enough, it shows that it is not an anomale....

But yes, I agree - if the problem persists, it should be reported to the NHTSA. Although as you can see with the numbers of this problem:

GM Intake Manifold Issue

Which has been widely publicised and well known - that even reporting to the NHTSA sometimes has little effect, unless the problem is an obvious safety issue... (You have to figure that only one in three owners who have experienced that issue have signed that petition - at best... Probably more like one in 5 since many probably don't even use the internet for car problems. That puts the numbers at 24,000 to 40,000 Chevy owners affected by that problem by my simple 5 minute Google evidence search).

But using the statistics I found on the web about that problem - I showed my dealer, and they made the repairs pre-emptively under warranty as a good dealer should....

So by collecting statistics about how many Jeep CRDs have this problem, it helps us with OUR dealers. Not so much that we think DC won't fix the problem, but sometimes dealerships take "convincing" that there is a problem in the first place.

With VW I always get "could not duplicate problem" and of course it occurs as *I* drive out of the parking lot...

Dealerships can be frustrating... Information is a valuable weapon.

P.S. So far, even with the strange shuddering, I am much more happy with the Jeep CRD than the Chevy Venture... Smile
Code3TJ
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trust me, 5 signatures on an online petition isn't going to carry the weight that an order from NHSTA will. Wink
valkraider

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 4:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Code3TJ wrote:
Trust me, 5 signatures on an online petition isn't going to carry the weight that an order from NHSTA will. Wink

Again, I think you are mis-interpreting me. I am not looking for weight with DC (unless this turns out to be a widespread problem). And 5 people putting in claims in NHSTA will do nothing either. The 2002 Chevy Venture has over 120 complaints in NHTSA (for the 2002 model year alone!)- not one of the complaints has been addressed officially.

What the entire purpose is for is so that when one of us goes into the Dealership - they (the dealership service department) can't simply say that it is all in our heads.

We can point to other people who are having the problem, and this helps to at least get the Dealership to look into it instead of saying "There is no problem".

Unfortunately, not all of us are lucky enough to have good service departments...

Sure, 5 or 10 people is not enough to issue a recall, or a TSB, or even cause alarm. But it might be enough to convince a dealer to take a closer look and not discredit the owner as easily.

Mainly an easy way to count the people affected, without having to go forum to forum saying OK, "JeepGuy1" has it - but he may be the same guy as "Jeeper1" in that forum, so I am not sure if I should count him, and then there is "OffRoadKJ" who talks like they might have it but I am not sure.... (names have been changed to protect the innocent).

The petition allows us to easily say - 5 people have officially claimed they have the problem...

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

You are, however, 100% correct in that the NHSTA will be more effective than an online petition in the greater scheme of enacting change...
jkwdirect

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been having this problem which got much worse. After 5 trips to the dealer and 17 total days in the shop New EGR valve , computer TSB flash. it is now reported to me as being a plugged injector on one cylinder. I will pick it up on Tuesday and hopefully this will be the end of the shudder. I will update later.
JKW
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Liberty Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: