Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Help Removal of window crank handles

View previous topic :: View next topic  
XJDAVE

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 8:01 am    Post subject: Help Removal of window crank handles Reply with quote

I know this is a very basic question. But when I look behind the crank handle for a clip I cannot see a clip. My chilton manual has nothing in it about this. How do I remove the crank handle with out damage to the door panel? I want to put new front speakers in.
Thanks for helping a dumb newbie out guys!!
Dave
ThePhantum
Pissed-Off Admin
Pissed-Off Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll check my FSM when I get home. I don't think it will matter, but what year is it?

97 XJ Sport with a bunch of stuff
Quote:
Never argue with idiots, they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
XJDAVE

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its a 96. Thanks.
gates21

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 3:50 pm    Post subject: I just took off my window cranks and... Reply with quote

I used one of those trim piece removers, looks like a screwdriver with a wide head and a v cut into it. My window crank just pryed off. There were no clips at all, (94 Cherokee Sport).
Aaron
XJDAVE

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Aaron. I did'nt think there was a clip but i did'nt want to pry and damage the door panel. So do Iget a trim piece remover at an auto parts store?
Dave
gates21

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2005 1:38 am    Post subject: Window Cranks Reply with quote

I got mine at Murrays Discount Auto for like $7.00. I just checked my Chiltons guide and they suggest putting a towel behind the crank handle and pulling straight back Shocked no clue if that will work. If you need towels wal mart has them for like 4$ a peice Rolling Eyes
deadonarrival

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

on the cherokee manuel window crank there is no metal clip like regular vehicles the other manufactures used. Jeep went a little cheap on the design and to install the crank you push it on the crank post and the plastic crank handle grabs on the groove of the crank post. To remove you might pull the crank off, try not to use a screw driver because you may break the plastic that holds the crank on and have to buy a new one.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Cherokee Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: