Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sound system

Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
1fox2go

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tighten up your license plate and see if you can find out what is loose and tighten that
jimmyhasajeep

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

its not that anything is loose, its the plastic on the interior of the rear hatch that rattles

2000 XJ 4x4
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2084616
1fox2go

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmmm its loose like it doesnt clip to the hatch all the way? im sure it would be hard to do but if you hold the plastic to the door but at the same time try and touch as little of it as possible...or you could try finding a way to seal it back...IE super glue or something of that nature
jimmyhasajeep

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 5:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

alright, thanks for yer help

2000 XJ 4x4
Titan4u2c

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 7:46 am    Post subject: xj stereo Reply with quote

Hey a few opinions guys, first what kinda system were you thinking about and what model jeep? Second on the amps over heating, I agree with 1fox2go, I've been around car audio since I was 14 and I'm 33 now and I've done it all to my XJ of 5 years. At first I too tried amps under the seat but had that cooling issue and I was running 4 gauge, 180 alt, 2 farad cap, 2 Optima batts, the works. It was just a air flow issue I believe. And yes the sub amp was HOT, had it running 1/2 ohm on 4 twelves. trust me it KNOCKED! So now I just have 2 infinity 12's with the amp mounted to the box in 2 ohm config around 1000 watts, 6.5's in the front doors with some trimming as Airforceyooper mentioned, and 3in mids in the dash with a panasonic head and another 75x4 amp pn these. As far as box size mine's kinda big avg for 2 12's, it fits snug up against the spare on the left and I have a small jerry can on right. Not much room from box to hatch when closed but enough for groceries, small luggage, what have u. On the back hatch rattling issue, I don't know how diff a '91 and a '00 are but as fox also said, try to hold it and find out exactly what it is and tighten, or I'd go with some Dynamat as I did. When I had the 4 12's NOTHING MATTERED haha, I knocked out that rear window a few times and shattered it once, not cheap. I installed new rubber surround as well Well, hope any of this help as what the other guys said, alot of knowledable jeepers here. Good luck! And may the SPL be with u... Mr. Green
1fox2go

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks titan yea i have a similar setup with the 12s that you do however my box isnt that big i have enough room for my fairly large tool box on the left (took out the little spare) and i still have room on the right side for a ammo can or 2

its just a plain qlogic box if anyone is interestd i can get the diminsions
jimmyhasajeep

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i dunno what you guys mean by under the seat, but i have my amp under where a passenger in the rear would sit, it works fine, and my amp is pretty big. the only problem is that the latch doesnt close completely on that side, if you're picky about it, but it does provide for easy acces to subs as well as teh wires.

2000 XJ 4x4
Titan4u2c

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 1:26 pm    Post subject: under seat amps Reply with quote

Yeah I used to have my amps and wires all runnning under the rear seat cushion bottom, which was perfect for just me. But if you ever have passengers, it makes for a HOT arse! lol rofl Plus u run the risk of someone's derriere hurting the amp if they sit on it. I have the power and ground running down each side under my XJ in protective tubing and the rca amp input cables down the middle under the carpet. I have it where they come out or meet at the back of the rear seat with cable or wire mounts. My Directed 1000w amp is mounted to the rear seat right there and it makes for a professional install and look. And when u snug the sub box up against the rear seat it hides it with plenty of room for air circulation or u can mount the amp to the back of the sub box. That way if u ever want to take it out, just have quick disconnects and click it's out and the wiring stays. Also if u r going with a twin sub box make sure u face it rearward. Forward sounds muffled and the wave that the bass frequency creates isn't long enough. But makes for a nice rear passenger back massage haha.
1fox2go

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thats where we had our amps lol under the rear passenger seats and they over heat...just mount them to the box its much better for coolin down the amp
xjchick_99

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2005 7:11 pm    Post subject: Speakers Reply with quote

i have a '99 xj. i've had it for about a year and have been running with stock speakers, with are not all that bad w/ just the tape, FM/AM stereo. but i just got Infinity speakers, 6 1/2", for the front and the back and the change in the sound was amazing and i havent even installed the CD player i got too, which should also inhance the sound.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Cherokee Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: