Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

seat swap

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dusty122

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 8:53 am    Post subject: seat swap Reply with quote

im looking at some seats out of a 99 WJ. they are power leather and heated. i wanted to swap these into my 93 zj? how much fab work is it gonna take to do this. and has anyone done it. thanx
95sahara

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are the switchesmounted into the seats, or the door, I mean for the power and heat. I put power leather seats from a blazer into my S10 p/u and all I had to do was run a power wire for the adjustment. I grounded everything to the seat mounting bolt, and ran a new power wire, then spliced it out into the power adjust switch, and the power lumbar switch. The moounting was the same, so I just threw them in there and wired them up. I don't know how the mounting would be between those two, since they're different models (updated), but that should be your only problem.
PICS
dusty122

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

im not too concerned with the wiring. if i have to re qire the thing its not to big of deal for me. im more concerned about the seats fitting into the car or being hard to mount. im probably most concered with the back seats. if they are wider or narrower than the Zjs and getting them to mount.
dusty122

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so i went ahead and bought the seats the other day. i drove out from about an hour north of la to phoenix AZ last nite and picked um up and they look awesome fits perfect with my current brown interior. i just installed the back seats and they are about a 90% fit to the stock zj ones. the bottoms of the seats bolt right up but the pin to lock them down is in a different location so i will have to mach somethin up for that. the rear seats lean back a little more than the zj ones and im going to have to drill and tapp 4 holes to make it work. the back is in there with out these mods and looks preety good. im at my buddies house out there so ill try to get him to take some pics. havnt moved to the fronts yet but i will update on that prolly tomorrow. the only downside im seeing to the wj rear seats is that that dont pull out as easily as the sj ones did and they are kinda a pain to bolt in.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Grand Cherokee Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: