Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How do I reach this seal?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gamgan

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 9:37 am    Post subject: How do I reach this seal? Reply with quote

Parider wrote on this thread
http://www.jeephorizons.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=5227&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

That he was able to stop the leak from under his dash by replacing the * membrane* that had been deformed by the hood

PaRider wrote:
See my posting above...was having water leak in right where the AC housing meets the body (not by the evap). After much testing w the gardenhose, the rubber membrane that goes between the hood and the top body of the car (just under the windshield) had gotten remolded with wear and tear and didn't block water from entering. I took a small piece of flexible tubing and shoved it inside that membrane (WD40 or some oil makes this much easier). that tubing reformed the molding, and it's back to preventing water from entering under the hood. Cost me $1.48 (new rubber membrane only available from Jeep at $25.

I know its not a clogged AC drain because my jeep leaks like a happy chiwawa when the AC is on full blast.

Im guessing this is the problem I have too. To reach this membrane must I remove the cowl? And any one know what this is called so I can buy a replacement in Mopar?

There is a seal I can reach by lifting the hood, but I dont see how this can be the cause of a leak since its not inside my cowl, so he must have meant another seal under the cowl?
jplamontdc

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i brought mine back to the dealership to get this fixed. it took him all of 5 minutes to fix and he knew exactly what i was talking about. apparently it is a very common problem with a very easy fix. i'm sure some of the other guys on here will know the specifics.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> TJ Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: