Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I'm Back

View previous topic :: View next topic  
nikon

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2005 5:30 pm    Post subject: I'm Back Reply with quote

So....A buddy call me yesterday telling me that he found a new place to wheel since our last one got shut down. He said that it was more of a quad and dirtbike trail but he could pass it with his Rover so I was down. We start off meeting this morning and heading in. At the entrance we find a couple of trucks with trailers for their bikes and we start to roll. Very loose sand and dirt to enter and tight. Come across a car where they were smokin weed (Rolling Eyes ). There are the usual turn-around banked turns all over the place. then we start down this narrow trail where I can't even see ahead of John in his Rover.

We come to this pretty steep stop and it was tight with the stumps and rocks on either side but no problem. I start to like this trail. We cruise around for a while with these big rollin mounds for like a quarter of a mile (turns out they were EVERYWHERE - every path had these rollers which were really fun when you step on the gas). We find a couple of small mud holes but nothing good enough to mention. One thing that I found odd was the number of burnt out cars. First of all - how the hell did they get them there? They were just torched and shot and beat to shit. Total we probably saw like 8-9 burnt out cars and one that wasn't burnt yet but that will come up later.

We cruise for a bit and John sees this hill he wants to try to go up. Tries a couple of times with no luck - too much loose dirt and rock that he's just sinkin in. I said that he needed some momentum if he wanted to make it. He backs up and makes it.

I didn't think that he was gonna make it but he did and then, of course, he gots to come back down Very Happy

We go a little further and we find an old Fiesta. Only not burnt car of the day. John is toolin around in the soft sand and I decided to hit the Fiesta. I pull up to the corner, put the bumper against it and start to push it into the woods. John likes my idea. john puts his ARB against the Fiesta and pushes.

I liked that idea so I did it too. Then I backed up a few feet and stomped on it and destroyed the side of the car. I had the camera so no shots of that though Sad

We come to another mud pit and this one looks promising compared to the rest. But there is a tree at the exit. We decided we would do our share to help the trail.

Once that was gone I could go through it:

Go a little further and find the mud. We come across this LONG stretch of mud pits. First one has a Blazer stuck in it. BURNT. Looked like someonegot stuck, walked away to get help and found the thing burnt when they got back - lights were still on the roof and everything.

First hole = no problem. Second = no problem. That pesky third one though...... It looks big so I say I'll take it to the side instead of right through the middle.. Didn't matter. I got stuck.

Joh got me out with his winch though. Thanks John Very Happy

We play there for a bit and it turn out that the trail crosses the interstate but we weren't about to temp fate so we headed back. That means we get to go back through the mud. John stomps on it and goes for the middle.
It's like butta:

We meet up with this guy on an atv - fuckin hick. Nice guy but a hick. We end up takin off to explore some more and come to this bowl area that was fun.. The hick shows up (this is like an hour later). He asks if we tried the water hole yet? I said what water hole so he points to a ledge. We go over. Down a small hill there is a water hole. Cool right? John and Mr. Hick are talkin at the top and i go down to check it out. I forgot to mention that I had a buddy in my Jeep -Caleb. We start to go to the water and I roll slowly into it. Get a few feet in and it's only a few inches deep and not muddy at all. Go in a little further. Nothing. Stomp on it - BAD IDEA. The front end just drops in - DEEP.
I don't even get it into park and kill the engine. As I do that I notice water coming in over the door frame. Caleb, being the lyrical genious - "shit dood". Thank Caleb like I didn';t know that.... Next thing I know I am on my seat as my front end FILLS with water. Caleb was able to hop out and snap a couple of shots before John pulled me out again......

and one from inside....

So it was a long afternoon. I called work after an hour of workin on the Heep to let them know that I may be just a little bit late. I tore apart my intake system and there was water in there - a good amount so I spent a while shoving towels in there to soak it up and everything. After a couple of hours I got her running and we went to leave.

Of course we get to the exit area that I first mentioned was steep - couldn't get out that way. Every time I got to the top there was a stump that kept kicking me to the side into tthe woods. Tried it 4 times and couldn't do it. Got out another way.

We'll chalk it up to a learning experience.....[/img]
FM2CDJC Member #10

9. Thou shalt not kill. Unless some motherf****r is coming into your house to take your s**t! - The Nuge

Last edited by nikon on Mon May 30, 2005 10:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Orng Beep

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2005 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like fun, man! I wanna go! I usually get in trouble when I get asked Q's like "did you try the ___________ out yet?" from a total stranger. That is usually the first red flag that I miss. Then strike 2 is the part about it not looking muddy. Usually semi-clean looking water? Yeah. I know. That is because everybody who knows has either tried it or more likely watched some other nieve bastard try it. That's the point where my pride takes over and I end up just like your picture. Strike 3 and I figure out how to get home. If I ever have the honor of meeting that hole, I would crack open a Blue and sacrifice it to that water. Then I'll log into JH and read up on the snorkel write up (after the fact) and say I wish I would'a! Confused

I give you an E for effort! Your awesome!
nikon

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2005 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

we I wouldn't say that I am awesome. Ask the others here..... they know that I'm just a dumb prick but I will say thank you to everyone here. Because I like to read about other people's stories I thinkt hat I did just about everything right that I coulda once "it" happened. I actualyl felt like I knew something when I was tearing stuff apart to dry it out. I was sayin that to Caleb on the way back too. I think my engine would be toast if it weren't for this site.

I haven't posted here in a while but I knew that you guys would appreciate this level of "stuckness" that I accomplished. The look on my face when I saw that water coming over the door frame musta been priceless Very Happy
FM2CDJC Member #10

9. Thou shalt not kill. Unless some motherf****r is coming into your house to take your s**t! - The Nuge
Drake69

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

headbang headbang headbang

Good pix, man. Now to really impress us have the Land Rover pull the tree through the mud... rofl

nikon

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Drake69 wrote:
headbang headbang headbang

Good pix, man. Now to really impress us have the Land Rover pull the tree through the mud... rofl

i'll suggest it next time Very Happy Finger
FM2CDJC Member #10

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Photo Album All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: