Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Newbie Questions... lights and seat covers

View previous topic :: View next topic  
lawrence914

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2005 5:21 am    Post subject: Newbie Questions... lights and seat covers Reply with quote

After seven years, my seats are starting to get a bit weathered. I have a buddy that has a set of Wet Okoles (sp?) and they seem to fit really well.

I'd like to go with neoprene. Are the Okoles the only way to go? I've seen some neoprene covers on eBay. The seller has great feedback, but the pictures don't look like they fit well around the bottom.

With several upcoming camping trips, I think it's time I broke down and installed some lights on my front bumper. Any suggestions for a good value (note, I didn't say the cheapest pieces of junk) for a set of lights? I'd like something with a fairly easy install, as I don't like hacking into wiring and leaving it looking like a rats nest.

thanks,
Lawrence
qadhafi
Club Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2005 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought some no name seat covers off ebay 2 years ago and have got my money out of them. I either run no top or a safari from march until october and they are beginning to show wear- I will probably replace them after this summer is over.

LIghts- I've always been a sucker for kcs- I have a pair of offroad lights bolted to my hood and a pair of their fog lights on my bumper. Honestly it's the bulbs that make the light, no the name brand. I would replace them with just some cheap Harbor freight specials if the time ever came.

Try eBay for both of you questions- there are deals to found there. Oh yeah- Smittybilt makes some seat covers too.

Back from the Dead??
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
flyerjib

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the smittybuilt seat covers and they are awesome! Cool I actually bought them on eBay for the same price as all the other ones being offered on there. A buddy of mine bought those same ones on ebay (the one you said don't look like they fit right)... they don't. Not to mention the neoprene is super thin and only the part where you sit is neoprene; the backs are a thin nylon... CHEAP! Sped a little more money and get some good seat covers so you don't have to spend more later replacing the cheap ones; not to mention to keep your Jeep from smelling like flying pig from all the water trapped under them!
Custom bumpers
Ramsey Winch
Herculiner interior
Neoprene seat covers
Dana 44s front and rear w/ air lockers and hub conversion+much, much more... OlllllllO
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> TJ Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: