Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Rhino vs Line-x

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bgreiwe

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 9:30 am    Post subject: Rhino vs Line-x Reply with quote

I am looking to get my Jeep tub lined rather than staining up more carpet. Is there a benefit to Line-x vs Rhino lining vs any other. The line-x place here wants 400$ to do the tub if I remove anything. I was also thinking of getting my bmpr done vs getting a powder coated bmpr from Jeeperman. Has anyone tried this and if they have do you like it or does it sound like a bad idea. I am also thinking of getting my frnt grill area done like Knight. I think that looks good and could protect it.
flyerjib

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used Herculiner, a product available at most automotive stores like AutoZone. I only spent $125 for the liner and a paint/rust stripper to go on the end of my drill. It isn't as thick as some of the professional spray in liners but it is much cheaper (price not quality). It took me a full weekend to do two coats and get everything in and out (with ample drying time) but I am very happy with the results.
[/img]
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
KnightFire

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dunno, there's something to be said about having a lifetime warranty on the Line-X and you can install everything back into the Jeep the moment you get it back home, drying time is about 5 seconds. It'll last longer than the Jeep will. If you happen to somehow cut it or tear it, they'll repair it, free of charge.

If money is a bit tight, go ahead and do it yourself, if not I'd get it done professionally.

I would go ahead and PC the bumper, I don't think Line-X'ing that and the front grill would look good, you need a bit of contrast. Have em' do the grill while they have it...just get it all done at the same time if you plan on letting Line-X do it...take everything out one day, take it in the next, then put everything back in the same day. Nice and simple.

Also don't forget about the $20.00 off coupon you can print out from their website. It ain't much, but 20 bucks is 20 bucks.

JMHO

KnightFire

Amsoil Dealer
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
bgreiwe

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so Line-x rather than Rhino?
KnightFire

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went through this whole debate with myself before I got my Hemi's bed done...Line-X all the way, Rhino does have a warranty, BUT it's only good for the dealer you purchase it from! If they go out of business, you just lost your warranty. Line-X is good Nation wide...at any dealer.

I've seen both Rhino and Line-X side by side, there's no comparison, Line-X is thicker and looks better. What's even cooler is that if you rub pieces of the two together...Line-X destroys the Rhino lining...that's how much tougher/harder it is...

Just some interesting things I found out...

KnightFire

Amsoil Dealer
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> TJ Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: