Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Exhaust Questions

View previous topic :: View next topic  
drewguere

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 1:28 pm    Post subject: Exhaust Questions Reply with quote

Yesterday on my way home from taking SAT's I heard a clanging when i hit small bumps. I got home and my friend and I found that the bracket for the exhaust had broken. I wanted to bring this in to get fixed in the next few weeks, Im ghetto fabbing it up until then (coat hanger)

I wanted to put a Flowmaster muffler in while I'm at it, because my muffler has some dents and two small holes, I wonder why, I never take it offroad...lol I wanted to know what flowmaster I should get, I want it to sound amazing, but not like a little ricer, i want it nice and clean, but loud.

I was also wondering if I could do duel pipes, one on each side of the gas tank.Is this possible. What size pipes would I want. I know stock is 2.25, but I was looking for something a little bigger.

I was planning on using my next paycheck (friday) on front tow hooks, because I used my last one on a rear hook. But I think those can wait, because Im probably not gonna go jeepin as much until I lift it, so I can get the pipes and stuff off the ground.

What are your suggestions on exhaust...
Pissed-Off Admin
Pissed-Off Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flowmaster 40 or 50 series. Both will give a nice tone. The 40 series is a little louder both outside and inside the Jeep.

97 XJ Sport with a bunch of stuff
Quote:
Never argue with idiots, they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
majikxms

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do the lift before you spend top dollar on a duel exhaust. The change in suspension with the possibility of longer shackles (if you go that route) may change the angle and bend of the pipes. For example, just by adding a 1 1/2" shackle to the rear leaf I had to modify the hanger on the rear pipe. So why spend allot of money when you'll have to change it around anyway and spend more money. And yes, I've seen one XJ with a duel exhaust, no muffler, it sounds awesome, you can do it.
Huey

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2005 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ive been thinking about exhaust mods also..i think im just gonna go with a single flow exhaust its almost $100 cheaper than dual. i like dual but i dont want it that loud on just an XJ..let me know what you decide and how it sounds tho! good luck!
Huey

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2005 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey yall, heres a flowmaster 40 series delta flow muffler for only $70, i have a 4.5" lift w/some 32's, but do you think this would work? in town they charge $140

http://www.proficientperformance.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=FL-42441&Category_Code=fl_muffler_40_series&Store_Code=PP
Huey

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2005 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bump
Drake69

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's what I paid for mine installed. It's a great muffler, with a nice rumble sound. I definitely like mine, so it comes highly recommended.

Huey

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

drake you paid $140? what is the exact model of yours?
Drake69

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Huey wrote:
drake you paid $140? what is the exact model of yours?

Nope, it was $75 for a Flowmaster 40, and it was because it was sent out of the box, so I got it for a steal.

Huey

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

how hard was it to put on?
Huey

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i got the prices today, the isntallation, a tip, and a exhaust pipe will run me like $80
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Cherokee Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: