Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

pressurized oil leak?

View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 5:46 pm    Post subject: pressurized oil leak? Reply with quote

hey jeepers, got a question.
i have a `93 grand cherokee 5.2 v8 automatic. in the last few weeks this vehicle went from great to dead. the fuel pump went, got a power steering fluid leak, and the radiator got a hole. those i can fix. the problem i'm not familiar with is the oil leak only when the vehicle is running. i don't mean a drip, more like 2 quarts in 10 miles. if i fill it and let it sit overnight, it's still all there the next morning, however when i take a 20 minute drive it's all but empty and the oil is pouring off the back of the engine and front of the transmission. i had a `68 mustang which had a tube running from the engine to the oil gauge, however i thought that technology had progressed from that and gone electronic. in a nutshell, i'm clueless on this one and before i tear the thing down to nuts and bolts, if someone could point me in the right direction it would be greatly appreciated. also when i put the thing in reverse it takes a good 10 to 15 seconds to go into reverse. until then it drifts whichever way gravity pulls it.
thanks guys,
swamp boy
Cherokee Muderator
Cherokee Muderator

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK...Here you go... You will have to go to autoparts store and get an oil pressure sending unit and a special socket to remove it...

Its at the back on the passenger side next to the distributor ..Very hard to reach but its doable from the top..

Look in there next to the distributor and you will see it ..

Good luck..

Oh.. Take some pics while you are at it and do a write up .. ITs a pretty common problem but I dont think I have seen a writeup on how to change it..

Unless you include the sawzall work..

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Grand Cherokee Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: