Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ABS on 05 TJ Sport?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kchan156

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 3:38 pm    Post subject: ABS on 05 TJ Sport? Reply with quote

Hi everyone. I might be getting a new TJ and was wondering if I should go with a TJ. I'll be doing some city and snow driving and start to do some wheeling. Any tips would be appreciated.
95sahara

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Get it. You'll love it.
Actually it's all up to your personal tastes. If you don't mind a tiny bit of a rough ride over city potholes and such, and don't mind some wind noise (if you don't have a hardtop) they you'll probably like it a lot. I know after I had my first Wrangler (a 95 sahara YJ) I couldn't stand not having one. And one question, whats the deal with ABS? I don't see anything in your post about ABS?
PICS
kchan156

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 6:56 pm    Post subject: Re: ABS on 05 TJ Sport? Reply with quote

kchan156 wrote:
Hi everyone. I might be getting a new TJ and was wondering if I should go with a TJ with ABS. I'll be doing some city and snow driving and start to do some wheeling. Any tips would be appreciated.

Oopss...I mean if I should get one with ABS. Sorry....
95sahara

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 5:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahh, I get it. I guess thats up to you too. Personally I don't really like ABS. My last truck had it and it always seemed to activate at the stupidest times. Plus if you plan on a lift and bigger tires in the future, you may end up with problems due to different tire sizes and the speed sensors. This all could be recalibrated, but thats just another cost and thing to do. All in all, its just up to you.
PICS
ehirner

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you plan on offroading? If so, don't get it. ABS is only available with the D35 rear which is equivalent to a piece of crap. The D44 rear is not available with ABS at this time but is a stronger, more reliable rear.
AggieDog

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree, if you are going to do any off road wheeling, forget ABS brakes.
04 Rocky Mtn Edition TJ, 4.0 L 5 Speed Manual, D44 rearend,4.56 gears, Jeeperman rear bumper, swingaway, Jamboree rack, Warn front bumper, Warn steering box skid plate, Warn oilpan skidplate, Rubicon 3.5 lift, Warn CE M8000 winch.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> TJ Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: