Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Paragon 7/30/31 - Pics

Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ThePhantum
Pissed-Off Admin
Pissed-Off Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2005 9:15 pm    Post subject: Paragon 7/30/31 - Pics Reply with quote

So this past weekend was our trip to Paragon. It was an awesome time. Since a picture is worth a 1000 words...this one says a lot about the trip (well, day one at least)...

The stocker took a beating...it was pushed, pulled, strapped, dragged, hi-lifted and winched, but we got it through...and it drove back to VA under it's own power.

For those that don't know the park, we pretty much stuck to low-mid intermediate level trails (Blue 1's and 2's)...although after day 1's adventures with the stocker (we ended up being late coming out of the park), on day 2 we split up into two groups. Jen, David and Mark stuck to the greens (beginner/novice trails) and Trevor, Jay, Allen and myself stayed on the blue trails.

For those that do know the park (and in terms of the blue trails we ran), we took Chicken Run, Cherokee Ridge, Sleepy Hollow, Campground Trail and Bypass Trail...nothing too knarly but still fun stuff.

I don't have a lot of pictures because I was too busy either getting myself through trails or spotting others through. Some of the other club members (Jay, Allen, David and Trevor) took a lot of pictures...so there should be some more coming. All of these were taken at Chicken Run which we hit first thing Saturday morning.

Trevor on the first set of rocks for the day.

Jen coming off the easy line at the end of the trail.

Me taking one of the more challenging lines out:

The plan was to clear that tire over the rock and then turn to my left to get over the ones in front....well...the road to hell is paved with good intentions. When the tire cleared, it slipped off into a rut, the rock rail/slider came down and basically the slider did just that...it slid.

Good times. It actually looks a lot worse than it was...that's a solid tie rod out of a V8 ZJ. Where it looks like the rock bent the rod, is actually the factory shape of the rod. The rod itself is a little deflected in the center, but once I got strapped off it was straight as an arrow again. You can also see the shot the diff skid took though...like I said...good times.

Day two was really only half a day in the park since we still had a 5 hr drive home to VA. Jen and I will be going back in September with the VA Jeep girls...we'll see more of the Park then. Wink

Damage, let's see...We tore up the rear bumper on the stocker, I put a really nice dent in the middle of my pass side fender (damn trees) and Jen bent the front of her fender a little ('nother tree). She also put a nice gouge in the sidewall of one of her tires (deep enough to warrant putting the spare on before the trip home). Jay managed to knock off a flare...oh, how could I forget...David lost his balls. Don't ask...if I have to explain, it won't be funny anymore.

That's about it...so since you all know you want to see it....here it is:

MONSTER FLEX ON THE STOCKER!!!

Mr. Green

Rock On!

Steve

97 XJ Sport with a bunch of stuff
Quote:
Never argue with idiots, they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Code3TJ
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

looks like a great time - who was driving the stocker? And how did your armor hold up?
majikxms

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn nuts only get in the way anyway. rofl Glad ya'll had a good time.

Oh yeah, one more thing...

How many idiots does it take to push a stocker...let's see, I count three and a turtle. rofl

Billy's89XJ

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 4:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW Shocked Looks like a great time!! Glad you all had a safe trip and a good time Mr. Green
Jen2Goofy
Trail Goddess
Trail Goddess

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 4:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Code3TJ wrote:
looks like a great time - who was driving the stocker? And how did your armor hold up?

Mark aka jppilot61 was driving the stocker. He and his wife have been a member of the club from the begging. Up intil resecnly they just road along. Finally his wife (Mary Jane) said to fix his old CJ and get it running or get another jeep, hence another stocker XJ.

I know Jay, David, Allen and Trevor took a bunch of pics also. When we get their pics we will post up some more.

www.vajeepgirls.com

www.fm2cd.com

(O||||||O)
Keithtj
ARLI$$
ARLI$$

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like a great time, I have got to get up there!

My Morning Jacket
ThePhantum
Pissed-Off Admin
Pissed-Off Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Code3TJ wrote:
And how did your armor hold up?

The armor held up well. The only ones I really hit hard was the front diff skid and rock rails. I didn't see any new gouges in the engine, t-case or gas tank skids.

Quote:
Never argue with idiots, they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
ehirner

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 1:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Paragon 7/30/31 - Pics Reply with quote

ThePhantum wrote:
Day two was really only half a day in the park since we still had a 5 hr drive home to VA. Jen and I will be going back in September with the VA Jeep girls...we'll see more of the Park then. Wink

When in September? I wanted to join you but ended up working Saturday morning and had tickets for 3 Doors Down, Staind, and Breaking Benjamin concert that night.
Jen2Goofy
Trail Goddess
Trail Goddess

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

we will be there wheeling Sept 3 and 4th (sat and sun).

EDIT: Steve will only be there for saturday.

www.vajeepgirls.com

www.fm2cd.com

(O||||||O)
ehirner

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is that Labor Day Weekend? I'll already be there.
Jen2Goofy
Trail Goddess
Trail Goddess

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 4:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ehirner wrote:
Is that Labor Day Weekend? I'll already be there.

yep

www.vajeepgirls.com

www.fm2cd.com

(O||||||O)
Billy's89XJ

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 6:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe I can blackmail the doctors to release me to wheel!!! rofl rofl
Jen2Goofy
Trail Goddess
Trail Goddess

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

that will be cool if they do.

www.vajeepgirls.com

www.fm2cd.com

(O||||||O)
ThePhantum
Pissed-Off Admin
Pissed-Off Admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So Jen washed the Heeps yesterday and took a few pics of my damage. None of them really do it justice...but here's a few:

Paragon had just what I need to fix it though...I picked up one of these for $3:

This is new as well...I have no idea where it happened though.

Quote:
rovertmutt

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve,

You looked like you went completely off the trail with all those scratches. Now I'm gonna have to see what damages I did to mine.

Trevor.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Events & Places All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: