Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Wierd ticking noise, please help!!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jamesr

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 7:42 am    Post subject: Wierd ticking noise, please help!! Reply with quote

I just bought a brand new 2005 Jeep x rocky mountain, with a 4.0 NSG 370 6-speed. It has 198 miles on it right now. Since I got it, there has been a slight ticking noise between 1700-2200 rpms. It is coming from under the jeep. It only does it in gear, so it must be the trany. I called the dealership, and the jeep mechanic they told me it is a characteristic of the new 6-speed transmissions. They said not to worry about it, they all do that. I'm just wondering if anyone else noticed this, and if it is true??? Thanks guys!!
95sahara

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also have an 05 Rocky Mountain and I have noticed the same ticking and didn't really think much of it. It doesn't sound too bad so I didn't really orry about it. I've got 4500 miles on mine now and it hasn't gotten any better or worse so I just tune it out. Hey, that's what warranty's are for right.
PICS
jamesr

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

95sahara wrote:
I also have an 05 Rocky Mountain and I have noticed the same ticking and didn't really think much of it. It doesn't sound too bad so I didn't really orry about it. I've got 4500 miles on mine now and it hasn't gotten any better or worse so I just tune it out. Hey, that's what warranty's are for right.

Thanks!!! Wink
outcold

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the 05 X with the 6 speed and it does the same thing. I didn't worry about it.
jamesr

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I took it to the dealer and it ended up being a bad valve at 196 miles. They replaced it and the noise is gone.
95sahara

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats amazing. Quality at it's best. I need to take mine in on Monday for a new noise. I started to notice a whining howl and after checking every belt driven accessory by holding a screwdriver to my ear, I concluded that the bearings in my alternator are howling more than I think they should at 4500 miles. So I'm gonna see what they want to do about that.
PICS
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> TJ Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: