Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

skyjacker 3 inch lift kit info please

View previous topic :: View next topic  
luvthatsound40

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 1:26 pm    Post subject: skyjacker 3 inch lift kit info please Reply with quote

I'm thinking of getting one of these kits. Is there anything I should know about it before getting it like is there anything else I will have to do or buy to make it work? Will I get death wobble with a 3 inch lift and will my tires wear funny? Thanks
ThePhantum
Pissed-Off Admin
Pissed-Off Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Which kit? Is it the full leaf pack or an AAL? What else does it come with (LCA's, track bar bracket, etc.)?

As far as vibrations, every XJ responds a little differently to lifting so the only way to find out is to install it and see. As a general rule, you should be OK. Any vibes should be able to be remidied with a t-case drop.

97 XJ Sport with a bunch of stuff
Quote:
Never argue with idiots, they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
luvthatsound40

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 3:24 pm    Post subject: Kit Reply with quote

The kit I looked at online had front coil springs, rear AAL, and shocks the kit was around 383.00 . By the sound of your question there's alot more stuff than I thought. Are there any threads on here about lifting XJ's and what excatly is involved?
Drake69

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is my writeup on the Skyjacker 3" kit...

Skyjacker 3" Kit w/ AALs

It's a great kit, but I found out the hard way the AALs just delay the inevitable. The leafs which were starting to sag prior to installing the kit went after 4-5 months of trailing and street use. It really depends on how far yours have already gone. If you have the UpCountry or stronger stock leafs which come in the towing package from the factory, it will probably last longer. If your XJ didn't come with a tow package and is a standard or Sport edition, expect to be swapping out the leafs for a 3" leaf pack.

The ride is stiff, which is what I like on and offroad. And it's definitely a sturdy pack overall. I recommend it, definitely since I'm still running mine. thumbs

luvthatsound40

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My XJ has the towing package , but I have the back of this thing loaded up with all my fishing gear all year long. When I icefish I carry my ice tent, heater, power auger, grill,and all my tip ups and misc. gear.So I carry that all winter long and my springs are shot. My summer gear is almost as heavy and I'm towing my boat with it. Is this the same kit?
http://www.jegs.com/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/ExecMacro/product/item_image.d2w/report?prrfnbr=198611
ThePhantum
Pissed-Off Admin
Pissed-Off Admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you're hauling all that gear around, I would go with a full pack as opposed to an AAL. Look at one of the RE 3.5" full pack kits or even an 3" OME. OME is expensive...but well worth the price.

Quote:
Never argue with idiots, they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Billy's89XJ

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ThePhantum wrote:
If you're hauling all that gear around, I would go with a full pack as opposed to an AAL. Look at one of the RE 3.5" full pack kits or even an 3" OME. OME is expensive...but well worth the price.

Both kits are awesome, me personally I love RE's stuff. Mr. Green
ThePhantum
Pissed-Off Admin
Pissed-Off Admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RE's stuff is sweet...but for lifts 3" and under nothing beats an OME. Like I said, the price reflects that too.

Quote:
Billy's89XJ

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ThePhantum wrote:
RE's stuff is sweet...but for lifts 3" and under nothing beats an OME. Like I said, the price reflects that too.

True that Mr. Green
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Cherokee Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: