Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Lets see your Dogs!!!

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
PAJeeper

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2004 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you always allow your pet Hobbit to take your dog out for a walk?

ThePhantum
Pissed-Off Admin
Pissed-Off Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2004 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PAJeeper wrote:

BWAAHAHAHAHAHA!

Good call!

This thread is really getting nowhere fast though... Rolling Eyes

97 XJ Sport with a bunch of stuff
Quote:
Never argue with idiots, they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

Last edited by ThePhantum on Fri Jan 30, 2004 8:11 am; edited 2 times in total
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Owen

GoTopless wrote:
Captain Chaos wrote:

Your ignorance has made my argument stronger... think about what you are saying it makes zero sense. Modern domestic dogs cannot live on table scraps or trash GT.. As a self proclaimed expert you shoud know this.

sure they can...i see them do it all the time....go to Baltimore once. I am not saying it is good but i am saying they can survive

You really have zero clue. Ok lets do a test. You feed your dog nothing but trash and table scraps for a week and let me know how he is doing at the end of it... He will get sick and be a mess by the end of the week... I promise. He probably won't die but he will need some serious care afterwards.
GoTopless

Black2001TJ wrote:

There is a bigger problem than one breed and there are plenty of shelters that kill and I bet plenty of shibas have been put down..

i know there has....the world isnt perfect. Just like the reason we cant have world peace. Have you bought an animal from a pet store? Well you are contributing to death if you do that too....there will always be animals put down...no matter how much you try to stop it. I know it is sad but life isnt fair
Owen

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2004 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PAJeeper wrote:

The expert breeder gets:

GoTopless

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2004 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PAJeeper wrote:

how immature Rolling Eyes Owen i am not discussing this any further with you. You arent getting my point and i guess i am not getting yours.....so lets just end it
Owen

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2004 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GoTopless wrote:
Black2001TJ wrote:

There is a bigger problem than one breed and there are plenty of shelters that kill and I bet plenty of shibas have been put down..

i know there has....the world isnt perfect. Just like the reason we cant have world peace. Have you bought an animal from a pet store? Well you are contributing to death if you do that too....there will always be animals put down...no matter how much you try to stop it. I know it is sad but life isnt fair

you are so wrong its makiong me mad. If people were educated and we got the problem under control then breeding would be fine. There are plenty of countries out there that don't have "our" problem. Every single day dogs are killed because people keep adding to the popul;ation problem. you have blatantly said you are about to add to teh problem for no reason at all... no money or pups or anything. This is unethical breeding...
Black2001TJ
Leopard Skin
Leopard Skin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2004 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GoTopless wrote:
Black2001TJ wrote:

I've adopted 3 cats throughout time... 1 was from a shelter that doesn't put down, I felt that was a mistake when I learned that they are put down all the time... But, I got them from shelters. My folks got a dog from a shelter, been the best dog!

We're going to search high and low for a Golden Retriever, yes, at a shelter.
MsWrangler98

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2004 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is not such thing as a no kill shelter. I worked for a no kill shelter. The last thing this place cared about what who the animals were going too. Its a glorified pet store. They cared about the money and nothing else. If your dropped your pet off there they wanted money to drop it off, if you "adopted" a pet you were expected to pay a nice heafty fee for it.

One pet that stands out in my mind was an extremely sweet cat that came in fried..... the parents let the kids set this poor sweet cat on fire! They adopted this cat out to a family with a 1 year old and a 3 year old.

There was a LARGE and I mean HUGE doberman that came to the shelter. He wasn't mean, but he wasn't overly loving either. They adopted this dog to a group of guys who you just knew were bad knews. No if and or butts about it.

Did you know that ALOT of these no kill shelters "sell" there animals to laboratories if they can't sell the animals on there own?
Owen

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2004 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Black2001TJ wrote:
GoTopless wrote:
Black2001TJ wrote:

I've adopted 3 cats throughout time... 1 was from a shelter that doesn't put down, I felt that was a mistake when I learned that they are put down all the time... But, I got them from shelters. My folks got a dog from a shelter, been the best dog!

We're going to search high and low for a Golden Retriever, yes, at a shelter.

Try teterboro shelter in north NJ... they always have hundreds of dogs... I saw a bunch of goldens there last week...
GoTopless

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2004 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have gotten animals from shelters also. I will never buy from a pet store after i learned where they came from.
Candi
Sick Puppy
Sick Puppy

Not to add to the flames, but just to make a point: No kill shelters can be just as cruel. Live in a cage, listening to dogs barking 24 hours a day. The dogs wear out. They become violent. They begin to bite and growl. They start jumping constantly. They spin in circles. They become lethargic.

Basically, they become unadoptable and actually better off dead. Unwanted animals in general are a problem because of how they are treated in general. There aren't enough shelters with enough space to house them. Good dogs get put down, or they live miserable lives.

I'm not telling you not to breed your dog. I'm just clearing up a misconception about no-kill shelters being happy little safe havens for unwanted doggies and kitties.
Owen

GoTopless wrote:
i have gotten animals from shelters also. I will never buy from a pet store after i learned where they came from.

puppy mills... they ae also unethical breeders liek you.
Black2001TJ
Leopard Skin
Leopard Skin

that wasn't my point, my point was that I was getting from shelters... I didn't know this about the no kills and hope it's rare but have a feeling it isn't.
GoTopless

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2004 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Captain Chaos wrote:
GoTopless wrote:

puppy mills... they ae also unethical breeders liek you.

whatever. I am not going to breed my dog 100 times and sell the puppies to pet stores and keep them in little cages. I am breeding him once to a reputable breeder because he has a good bloodline and she is giving them all great homes where they will be properly trained and loved for their whole lives..that is in no way cruel or contributing to death...it is keeping the breed alive
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> General BS All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 5 of 9

Jump to: