Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

important help PLEASE

View previous topic :: View next topic  
chevman-67

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 5:56 pm    Post subject: important help PLEASE Reply with quote

I HAVE A 1993 JEEP GC, I HAVE CHANGED PLUGS,WIRES,CAP,ROTORS, AND I STILL HAVE A BAD MISS, THE JEEP IS LOSING POWER AND RUNING AWFUL. IT WILL NOT IDLE SMOOTHLY AT ALL. A FRIEND OF MINE CAME DOWN, AND TRIED TO HOOK UP HIS ENGINE SCANNER, AND IT WILL NOT READ THE COMPUTOR AT ALL. WHERE IS THE CRANK SHAFT SENSOR LOCATED???? IF ANY ONE HAS ANY IDEAS AS TO HELP ME PLEASE LET ME KNOW AS I AM UNABLE TO WORK BECAUSE OF THIS PROBLEM,
PS WE REMOVED THE CONVERTOR OFF OF THE JEEP, AND CHANGED THE FUEL FILTER, WE HAVE ONLY HAD THIS JEEP FOR ONE MONTH, THE DEALERS IN THIS AREA CANNOT HELP US BECAUSE THE SERVICE ENGINE SOON LIGHT IS NOT STAYING ON
CAN ANYONE PLEASE HELP US,
THANK YOU Crying or Very sad
1993 jeep grand cherokee
1fox2go

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The crank sensor is on the drivers side about 4 inches down from the top of the bell housing...you need a 10mm swivel socket and a LONG extension to get to it...if you disconnect the shifter linkage it will help you access it more easily

O2 sensor could be bad, TPS (throttle position sensor) could be bad, dirt in the throttle body

try those

adn you dont have to use caps its ok calm down it will get fixed Wink
Venomized

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Make certain that you got the firing order correctly set after changing the wires and stuff.

It started so the computer should not be fried. You can't read it out so you have no starting point for repairs, that sux.

2001 WJ, not much stuff

2005 Gulfstream Conquest LE, fun toy
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Grand Cherokee Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: