Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How long do JEEP's last???

Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
AllXJ96

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

167000, and putting over 60 miles a weekday on, as well as flying through the air, only thing that i had to replace was my muffler and took out my catalitic converter, and my seat, i broke it cuz i weigh 280lbs, so i got a racing seat. My moto, if it broke... upgrade. Love my rig great engine and trans
Had a camo racing seat
Borla Cat Back exhaust
Crane Cams Throttle Body Spacer
Toggle Switch Ignition

My Club, feel free to join:
Nowhere to Wheel Member #1
Titan4u2c

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

300k on my '91 xj no major probs and I beat...ummm I mean drive the heck out of mine, on/off road. Just ur usualy stuff that goes along with jeeps and the timimg. In 5 years I have maybe 3500 in it and that's what I paid and could prolly get close to that now. So I have got my $ worth. Normal rebuilds or replacements over the years were......2 water pumps and therms, 1 alternator {stereo and lighting killed old one, if not might be still good}, new transfer case {only cuz like I said I was hard on it offroad}, shifting in/out of 4wd on an old jeep should be under 45 although new they say 55mph. Well try it jerkingly and sometimes over umm 65mph haha and u see what could happen. {LIKE LEAVE IT BEHIND ON THE ROAD} Anyway...new plugs, wires, coil, cap, pcv valve and fuel pump every 30-50k, tires 2nd set, brakes front and rear once and the usual oil and filter change that I do around 2800miles. Can't be too careful I don't trust these new oils they say u can go 5000 plus, that's stupid try it a few times and pull that engine apart and see. HA. So yeah I have got my $ worth easy and had lots of fun and still continue to and like I said b4 I put on a 3in lift kit at 300k miles so just go to show they are tuff sommabritches....I like to think 250k on a xj is broke in, so take care of her and she will do likewize my friend. BTW what's the Km-mile ratio and whats the exchange rate for canadian? Curious but sounds like an avg mile jeep and a decent price. Good luck and happy offroading. Wink
gene

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

88XJ @ 186K miles.
JCW

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, First Post. We have a '93 Sport with 187K. Used now for family barge and my fishing and hunting trips. All stock except for fron brake assys. Jeff.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Cherokee Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: