Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

33 splines

View previous topic :: View next topic  
quadna71

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 9:30 am    Post subject: 33 splines Reply with quote

i'm looking to upgrade the rear axle in my tj. an 8.8 tempted me for awhile but the fact that i just got my 4-link cradle welded to the d44 shied me away from it (sorry erik).

the axle has already been regeared with yukon 4.88 gears and a detroit - but i'm thinking of going stronger and smoother all at once. does anyone here have firsthand knowledge of putting in a 33 splined ARB along with either superior's evo 33 splined shafts or alloy usa's 33 splined version? i want to swap out the detroit for an ARB (love the one in the front axle) and figure that i may as well beef up the shafts at the same time. i realize the going to 33 spline will eliminate all the OEM replacements available when in a jam...but maybe the added strength will make up for it in peace of mind.

most places call this upgrade the super 44...but is usually paired with the superior axles. i'm leaning towards the alloy usa shafts though - primarily for their 10 year warranty. i've only read of two failures on them thus far...and they were quickly replaced with no qualms by alloy usa.

so - any ideas or thoughts on this? i'm probably not going to order anything until february timeframe as i'll be at the beach for 90 days this fall (deployed).
thanks,
chris
ehirner

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe Superior upgraded their warranty to lifetime.
swamp boy
Cherokee Muderator
Cherokee Muderator

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love my Superior shafts... Mr. Green

Huhhuuuhuhuhuhuhuhu.... I said My shaft is superior... rofl rofl

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Drivetrain All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: