Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

LIFT ADVICE

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Top Down & Bra off

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2005 1:48 pm    Post subject: LIFT ADVICE Reply with quote

I have a 2000 TJ with the canyon 15x8 inch rims. I bought a 2 inc coil lift (not installed yet) My plan is to put BFG AT OR MT'S at 32x11.50. With a 1 inch body lift along with the 2 inch coil spaces can I put 33x12.50 onwithout problems? I also have a boat to tow (runabout 15 ft)

Thanks

PS What is a BB Code?
WhatWasIThinkin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2005 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think with Canyons your going to rub pretty good with 12.5 width. There are spacers available to push the wheels out, but you will be out beyond the flares at that point which depending on your state can make you a target for the local federallies.

You 2" lift and BL will make you clear 33"s for street use, but you want to take it easy offroad and disco'd. Your gonna be on the borderline with a real mild lift.

Real Jeeps dont wear Bra's
Top Down & Bra off

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2005 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok thanks, the 32x11.50 will be fine?
'drack
▲▼webwheeler▼▲
▲▼webwheeler▼▲

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2005 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

32's will be fine with that lift. Only problem is gonna be with the wheels again. You can use the 11.50's on the Canyon's as long as you make sure the rear axle is centered properly, otherwise it's gonna put the rear tires dangerously close to the upper spring perch on one side risking slicing a tire. You can buy the OME rear relocation bracket from most vendors for like $20, hella cheaper than spacers or new wheels and piece of mind of not chopping your rubber up. The front'll be a prob too, but that can be fixed with some washers on the steering stops.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> TJ Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: