Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

wooble

View previous topic :: View next topic  
max

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 9:36 am    Post subject: wooble Reply with quote

well hears what i done , put new shocks own new steering damper, rotated tire's had to two different frontend shopes they can drive and feel the whoble but no body can tell me what the %^$ it is! sens i rotated tires' it starts the heebe jeebies between 55 & 60 mph. acks just like tie rod because last time it did it i looked out at the wheele it was jiggling back forth like tie rod . should i go ahead put new tie rod's in it ? can some one give me a lone ha,ha, what to do? also if you speed up it quit's if you slow down it quit's if you are at the whoble speed and need to turn in a curve get's so bad you have to stope it's like it hang's in or something. got me down in out . maybe need to go 4-wheeling. Sad
wolfe

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2005 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you've got the dreadfull death wobble! Could be a multitude of things - tyre balance, bent tie rod, your dampner, wheel alignment Its a matter of working through till you nail it. Its a bitch, but thats life,
Try http://www.yuccaman.com/jeep/dw.html for tips
good luck!
ThePhantum
Pissed-Off Admin
Pissed-Off Admin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does it have any lift on it? If so how much and is there an SYE or t-case drop? When it starts to wobble, does it feel like it's coming from anywhere in particualr (like a certain wheel)?

Eliminate the obvious stuff first...tire balance, alignment, make sure everything (heim joints, u-joints, tie rod, etc) is tight. Like wolfe said, death wobble is a bitch to track down...you just have to be systematic about it.

97 XJ Sport with a bunch of stuff
Quote:
Never argue with idiots, they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
luvthatsound40

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 4:07 pm    Post subject: wobble Reply with quote

I had a similar problem about 4 months ago. My lug nuts had backed off on one of my front wheels. I tightened them back up and it has been fine since.
nubiexj

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had the something on my 87. replaced the tie rods to some success, but the damper really helped. good luck
max

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 4:49 am    Post subject: wooble, reply Reply with quote

well you an't going to beleave this, but put new tire's own that fixed my problem, i would have never beleaved it was the tire's that;s good lesson for me . so if you have this problem look close at the tire's strange thing is they still had realy good tred left! i got the bfgoodrich landterain lt235 75r 15 , i just have a 2'' lift right know with rough country shock's they fit 2''- 4'' lift . really look's good and ride's like a caddy! we'll guy's thank's for all your input really help alot. in the futur going to get a little more lift till then happy trail's crazy jeep
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Cherokee Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: