Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Gas prices

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
1fox2go

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 4:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was 3.00 last nite and was spose to go up over nite havent been out yet

yea i hear ya we all gonna be broke, gas goes up everything goes up, people go broke, america in another depression Confused
Stevo02TJ

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 6:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know about that now....you like to exaggerate. Yes America has depressions, but none nearly the size of what you're worried about. Once people stop spending so much on gas, it will plane out, and maybe even drop a little bit.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Keithtj
ARLI$$
ARLI$$

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The economy wont be able to hold the high gas prices much longer and it will come down.

My Morning Jacket
1fox2go

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gas prices or the economy?
ehirner

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I passed a gas station today....regular was 2.74 and they had cars backed up the road causing a backlog. I was in the doctor's office about a hour or so before passing that same gas station...they jacked it to 2.95 to match the Wawa down the street.
Stevo02TJ

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1fox2go wrote:
gas prices or the economy?

What do you mean by that? It makes no sense to me
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Billy's89XJ

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some places today went to $3.19 for 87 Sad
ThePhantum
Pissed-Off Admin
Pissed-Off Admin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

$2.83 (for 87) at 0045ET last night at the Exxon by the house. It was $3.01 on the way into work this afternoon. angry

Keithtj wrote:
The economy wont be able to hold the high gas prices much longer and it will come down.

My money is on the economy collapsing. I like entropy. Finger

97 XJ Sport with a bunch of stuff
Quote:
Never argue with idiots, they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Jen2Goofy
Trail Goddess
Trail Goddess

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm leaving for Paragon tomorrow and I have been having some serious thoughts about not going now, this is just rediculous.

Also today I was talking to my friend Mary Jane, She talked to her sister in law today and apparently in North Carolina they are getting lines at the gas pump and some places are running out of gas.

www.vajeepgirls.com

www.fm2cd.com

(O||||||O)
ThePhantum
Pissed-Off Admin
Pissed-Off Admin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, the pipelines from the Gulf Coast are supposed to be opening up today sometime...that'll only be a 25% capacity though. With the refineries down there closed, there's much less production going on. I read on CNN that the EPA has temporarily loosened the environmental laws to allow the refineries that are still open to step up a little (I'm sure the hippies are estatic about that one).

The stations that are going to run out of gas are the smaller 'Mom and Pop" type places...the bigger chains have better relationships with the oil companies and will get gas first.

97 XJ Sport with a bunch of stuff
Quote:
Never argue with idiots, they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Keithtj
ARLI$$
ARLI$$

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The economy will collapse with gas prices going so high. Problem is that cost of living is increasing at a much faster rate than wages are. $30,000 that you made six months ago was much better than $30,000 now.

My Morning Jacket
1fox2go

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yea wilco in waynesboro ran outta gas

if gas goes up cost of shipping goes up then the products price goes up to make up for the cost of shipping then retails up the price so they make a profit

basically the value of a dollar goes WAYYYYYY down

i do see a depression coming in the near future

listening in on the cb i hear truckers talking about forming a strike...in less than 1 week if truckers strike america will crumble
Keithtj
ARLI$$
ARLI$$

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

America will not crumble, the country is to stable to crumble, now the economy might crumble. It won't be like the great depression, I doubt that we will ever get into that situation again. With the way things are, I don't think many unions can afford to strike.

My Morning Jacket
'drack
▲▼webwheeler▼▲
▲▼webwheeler▼▲

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My question is why hasn't this been dealt with already? This has been a brewing problem and it took a catastrophe of nature to push it up and beyond tolerance. There is no shortage of crude oil in the world, there is a lack of refined product in this country available for sale though. Now we have 30% (or something like that) of the refineries in the country out of commision, or in limited production by this time, due to the hurricane. So, we all agree that gas pricing has been an issue long before the devastation that struck the southern parts of the US, yet the average Joe Public is quick to blame those damn rich Arab nations for screwing us to the walls here. Again, there is no shortage of crude. The problem is right here. Why the fawk haven't the existing refineries been retooled for more production, this takes a year or more? Why hasn't construction of new refineries commenced when it became apparent that the consumer demand was here to stay and not gonna decline in the slightest? New refineries take quite a bit of time to construct, not like it's just whipping together a new industrial park down the road. Why the hell do I have to pay for this country ignoring it's own needs yet jumping at the opportunity to play super hero with the rest of the world? Know what'll happen, this'll go on for a month or two and then production (which is already too low, but I've stated that like a zillion times already) will go back to normal and prices will 'stablize' again and we'll be damn glad we get to pay like $2.60 a gallon Rolling Eyes . I've about fawking had it, but what the hell are ya gonna do because it's a critical product to just about every aspect of life in some way, shape, of form. Pissed would be an understatement at this point....
Drake69

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 4:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

'drack wrote:
My question is why hasn't this been dealt with already? This has been a brewing problem and it took a catastrophe of nature to push it up and beyond tolerance. There is no shortage of crude oil in the world, there is a lack of refined product in this country available for sale though. Now we have 30% (or something like that) of the refineries in the country out of commision, or in limited production by this time, due to the hurricane. So, we all agree that gas pricing has been an issue long before the devastation that struck the southern parts of the US, yet the average Joe Public is quick to blame those damn rich Arab nations for screwing us to the walls here. Again, there is no shortage of crude. The problem is right here. Why the fawk haven't the existing refineries been retooled for more production, this takes a year or more? Why hasn't construction of new refineries commenced when it became apparent that the consumer demand was here to stay and not gonna decline in the slightest? New refineries take quite a bit of time to construct, not like it's just whipping together a new industrial park down the road. Why the hell do I have to pay for this country ignoring it's own needs yet jumping at the opportunity to play super hero with the rest of the world? Know what'll happen, this'll go on for a month or two and then production (which is already too low, but I've stated that like a zillion times already) will go back to normal and prices will 'stablize' again and we'll be damn glad we get to pay like $2.60 a gallon Rolling Eyes . I've about fawking had it, but what the hell are ya gonna do because it's a critical product to just about every aspect of life in some way, shape, of form. Pissed would be an understatement at this point....

X2

soapbox bud soapbox bud soapbox bud soapbox bud soapbox bud soapbox bud

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> General BS All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: