Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CB Radio mounting

Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
rubicondon53

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2005 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey, I fabricated a cb rack out of some aluminum diamond plate, and suspended the cb from the center of the roll cage btween the seats, its up out of the way, and had been there for over a year without shaking loose, and works perfectly, when installing a cb, always be sure to use at least 12 ft of coax cable and do not coil it around itself, the length of your standard antenna and 12 ft is the approximate size of a cb bandwidth, which will get you going in the rite direction for a proper swr reading. Ive never had a swr test done, and I get out about 12 miles with a clean signal with a tuned up cobra 25. later hilift hilift

04 rubi, 2" lift, racks on top & rear, for camping gear, cold air intake.. off we go into the wild wild north!!
WhatWasIThinkin

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2005 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pics?
Pics?
Pics?
Cool

Real Jeeps dont wear Bra's
03TJX

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check this website out. The guy makes these bars for Jeep YJ & TJ's to mount radios overhead kind of like the Tuffy console. http://www.arizonarockyroad.com

They run like $50 plus $15 or so shipping. This is what I have in my Jeep now and haven't had any problems with it. Just a thought.
Tom Woods Drive Shaft, Advance Adapters SYE, 33x12.50x15 Interco TrXus MT on 15x10 Aluminum Wheels, Jeeperman Rear Bumper&Tire Carrier
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
95sahara

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's what I did, it's just temporary until I either get or make something like the Arizona Rocky Road "stretch-across-the-roll-bar" mounts. It's not really in the way of anything either.

PICS
JeepGal

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Guys!

Here's what I did...

I took the CB bracket that came with the CB, and got two pipe clamps, clamped it around my roll bar, between my seats, next to and behind my head. Run the coax with zip ties down the tube, and along the bed to the antenna, and to the front, under the door sill to the fuse box. Its out of the way of my passenger, but in reach for both of us. Works great, and havent had any problems with it since I put it there over two years ago.

Tam Smile
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Panzer

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 9:31 pm    Post subject: Whatever works Reply with quote

I mounted my cb right above the center air ducts. You can't use that mini storage tray on top of the dash but it fits. I can take it out when I'm not feeling lucky, and the dials are right there so I don't have to look too far away from the road. can't get the pics to work oh well.
35's
"wine is fine but whiskey's quicker"
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> TJ Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: