Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Removing links/ Installing Discos (writeup in project area)

Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DozerDan
What the deuce?
What the deuce?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2004 12:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Removing Swaybar links/ Installing Disconnects Reply with quote

moabe wrote:
qadhafi wrote:
Alright, so I bought these swaybar discos off of a guy, and I can't get the friggin links off. I've beaten, prodded, cussed, and beat some more. I went and bought a tie rod puller, couldn't get it to work either.

Anybody got any bright ideas?

DONT USE EM...i took off the track and sway bars with out any issues...

Thats not the best advice for a mostly street jeep. Where as with a good set of springs a track bar is not needed for a YJ, the sway bar should be used, yes i know it may feel fine but in the event of an emergancy move it will greatly reduce the jeeps handleing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
moabe

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2004 12:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Removing Swaybar links/ Installing Disconnects Reply with quote

DozerDan wrote:
moabe wrote:
qadhafi wrote:
Alright, so I bought these swaybar discos off of a guy, and I can't get the friggin links off. I've beaten, prodded, cussed, and beat some more. I went and bought a tie rod puller, couldn't get it to work either.

Thats not the best advice for a mostly street jeep. Where as with a good set of springs a track bar is not needed for a YJ, the sway bar should be used, yes i know it may feel fine but in the event of an emergancy move it will greatly reduce the jeeps handleing

IF ONE NEEDS TO DO AN "EMERGENCY" MOVE IN A JEEP. THEN ONE WAS GOIN tooo fast in the first place...take them off and get rid of the headache...drive wisely, its a jeep not a porche...
Candi
Sick Puppy
Sick Puppy

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2004 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

While I concur that a jeep is not a porsche, sometimes emergency manuvers are necessary. Like when a corner section of a couch comes flying at you on the Garden State parkway from the pickup in front of you that didn't tie the $%^&% thing down. I never noticed the difference with or without the sway bar, but I rarely drove it on the street, even at stock and near-stock heights.
DozerDan
What the deuce?
What the deuce?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2004 12:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Removing Swaybar links/ Installing Disconnects Reply with quote

moabe wrote:
DozerDan wrote:
moabe wrote:
qadhafi wrote:

IF ONE NEEDS TO DO AN "EMERGENCY" MOVE IN A JEEP. THEN ONE WAS GOIN tooo fast in the first place...take them off and get rid of the headache...drive wisely, its a jeep not a porche...

That my freind is not true. Many emergancy manuvers I have done have been at lower speed 30-55mph and as the result of the bad driving of someone esle. Pulling out in front of my, swerveing into my lane, not signaling a turn or not having working brake lights...

I dont have a headache with mine. they were engineered there for a reason and purpose...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
moabe

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2004 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Candi wrote:
While I concur that a jeep is not a porsche, sometimes emergency manuvers are necessary. Like when a corner section of a couch comes flying at you on the Garden State parkway from the pickup in front of you that didn't tie the $%^&% thing down. I never noticed the difference with or without the sway bar, but I rarely drove it on the street, even at stock and near-stock heights.

did the couch come out of a "mobile home" cause here in texas, we dont drag em behind our trucks...we park em at wal-mart
Candi
Sick Puppy
Sick Puppy

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2004 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some guy in a little white pickup had the corner section of a sectional couch in the back of the pickup. Don't know what finally made it fly, but out it came. Once I got past the initial adrenaline rush of avoiding the accident, I immediately found it hilarious.
moabe

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2004 12:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Removing Swaybar links/ Installing Disconnects Reply with quote

DozerDan wrote:
moabe wrote:
DozerDan wrote:
moabe wrote:
qadhafi wrote:

That my freind is not true. Many emergancy manuvers I have done have been at lower speed 30-55mph and as the result of the bad driving of someone esle. Pulling out in front of my, swerveing into my lane, not signaling a turn or not having working brake lights...

I dont have a headache with mine. they were engineered there for a reason and purpose...

again, all those driving emergencies can be expected with attetion to the road, instead of gabbin on a cell phone or chokin down a burger or puttin make-up on...when im in my jeep...i DRIVE...nuthin else, so i can expect the ignorance of others...hence no need for trac bar or sway.
Candi
Sick Puppy
Sick Puppy

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2004 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, as mod of this forum, I ask nicely, KEEP THIS ON TOPIC. The debate is not for the necessity of or not, but how to remove. We could argue all day about opinions.

Thanks.
moabe

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2004 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Candi wrote:
OK, as mod of this forum, I ask nicely, KEEP THIS ON TOPIC. The debate is not for the necessity of or not, but how to remove. We could argue all day about opinions.

Thanks.

what was the question? Mr. Green
moabe

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2004 1:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Removing Swaybar links/ Installing Disconnects Reply with quote

qadhafi wrote:

ya gonna need a pickle...
moabe

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2004 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rebelr91YJ wrote:
When I disconnected mine, I used a BFH and a pickle fork......just make sure you hit the fork and not your wrist Rolling Eyes

dang it...i was late again, always da bridesmaid, never the bride...
Candi
Sick Puppy
Sick Puppy

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2004 6:37 am    Post subject: Removing links/ install ing disco's :see project section Reply with quote

I moved the write up to the project section so that folks wouldn't have to read through all this to find the write up...
http://jeephorizons.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=943
qadhafi
Club Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2004 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sweet, thanks Candi.

Back from the Dead??
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> YJ Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: