Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CB Radio Antenna Mount

View previous topic :: View next topic  
tarheel4x4

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 12:26 pm    Post subject: CB Radio Antenna Mount Reply with quote

Im ordering a cb radio with probably a 4 ft firestik firefly antenna. I want to mount the antenna either on the trunk door, or in the trunk door jam. Or i was thinking i should mount it to the rear side. I want to know what kind of mount would be your alls choice?
jimmyhasajeep

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just out of curiosity, where are you planning to put the radio inside?
(i dont quite know how big they are/what they look like so no sarcastic awnsers haha)

2000 XJ 4x4
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2084616
ThePhantum
Pissed-Off Admin
Pissed-Off Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a door jamb mount at the hatchback on the pass side. You can kind of see it in this pic

The drawback is the other thing that picture shows...how much the antenna slams into the body. A tennis ball would fix that though (I'm going to be relocating mine shortly....and trashing the Firestik for either a Tiger or Wilson).

Moving this to the Electronic forum. What year is your XJ?

97 XJ Sport with a bunch of stuff
Quote:
Never argue with idiots, they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
tarheel4x4

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

its a 2000. Im gonna place the cb radio at the passenger side center console to the right of the gear shift. I do want the antenna to go around the same place where urs is at. I was gonna go with the 4 ft firestik firefly. Also i want to know where is a good location to mount the PA speaker? Thanks for your help.
ThePhantum
Pissed-Off Admin
Pissed-Off Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I put my PA speaker under the hood....but I'm going to relocate it, as well as the antenna, to the roof rack (not the factory POS, I have a Garvin Cargo rack).

97 XJ Sport with a bunch of stuff
Quote:
Never argue with idiots, they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
CaryCherokee

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How much was your roof rack and where did you get it, I am looking to get one before I buy new tires
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Electronic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: