Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New Rubber for the TJ

View previous topic :: View next topic  
AggieDog

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2005 3:20 am    Post subject: New Rubber for the TJ Reply with quote

Yesterday I went to Les Swab Tires and sold my 30 inch Goodyear APS's for 200 dollars, they had about 6,400 miles on them, and purchased a set of Cooper Mud Terrian SXT's in a 31 X 10.5 configuration. I was comparing them to some MT's and other tires, and the dealer said these were the best Aggressive tread for a non MT tire. We'll see, but I do like them. They also are really 11 inches across. I had him measure.

Here are some pics:

OK, I was able to use my Alcoa aluminum rims, which I liked, and with my 2 inch Budget Boost, I just felt 31's were where I needed to be. The dealer says I will be able to get 50 thous miles out of them If I rotate often. That remains to be seen.
04 Rocky Mtn Edition TJ, 4.0 L 5 Speed Manual, D44 rearend,4.56 gears, Jeeperman rear bumper, swingaway, Jamboree rack, Warn front bumper, Warn steering box skid plate, Warn oilpan skidplate, Rubicon 3.5 lift, Warn CE M8000 winch.
guesswho369

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a nice looking Jeep you've got there. I've been thinking about adding some 31's myself and wonder how you're feeling about those tires now. How's the grip? Would you have preferred something a little wider/taller or are you happy with these?
AggieDog

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Overlooked this, I swapped them for 32 X 11.50 similar grip tread. The current ones I have are more noisy, so I liked the reduced noise of these, and grip was fine, but I do some running in creek washes which have a fair amount of fine sand etc in places, so I do like my current 32 x 11.50's. Absolutely nothing wrong with the tire in the pic, in fact, I wish I had it in the 32 X 11.5 size.
04 Rocky Mtn Edition TJ, 4.0 L 5 Speed Manual, D44 rearend,4.56 gears, Jeeperman rear bumper, swingaway, Jamboree rack, Warn front bumper, Warn steering box skid plate, Warn oilpan skidplate, Rubicon 3.5 lift, Warn CE M8000 winch.
IBTJn

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So what similar grip tread did you end up with? I like the Avons (SXT's) I run on my full size Dodge. In fact, I like them better than the Toyos I had. And they make them in 33's. Any pics of what you ended up with? Just curious.

Wink
AggieDog

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 5:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look in the Pic of Jeep after lifted superflex thread below this one and you can see the tread. It is very similar, but slightly more aggressive. They are very noisy, but I like the tires. They are Wild Country's Mud Terrain.
IBTJn

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 6:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Found it, thanks. Those are TXR's. I've had those on my wife's XJ for a long time, and ran them on my old '01 Dodge Ram, and didn't consider them noisy at all. But I couldn't ever seem to get them balanced up though with 33's. I'm now running 33x12.5 Wild Country Tractions

I'm having the same issues with balancing that I had with the TXR's. Pisses me off, because these work pretty well off road.

Nice TJ BTW.
Wink
TJgirl

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just got some new meats for my heep yesterday too! 31's
I went to Big-0

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> TJ Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: