Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Radiator leaking

View previous topic :: View next topic  
robt46

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 2:19 pm    Post subject: Radiator leaking Reply with quote

Hi, my first post. I got a 2000 Cherokee Sport. And spung a leak in the radiator. Decided to install one. My question, is there any advise on changing it. I mean anything that might give me trouble. I was told that the trans lines are a little different. Something about one is a pull apart type.??? I guess that refers to like a A/C line connection or something. Anyway if anybody has any advise I'd appreciate it. Thanks Robt.
robt46

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2005 7:16 am    Post subject: up grading cooling. Reply with quote

Not getting to many responses. Decided to do the upgrade in the tech post. While I'm changing the radiator- might as well. The only thing giving me trouble is disconnecting the lower trans cooling line. Must be some kind of disconnect other than unbolting. Anybody familiar with this. Sure would appreciate some advise. Thanks Robt.
GREATONES96

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2005 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Were you see the tranny line plugs into eachother there is a tool thats slides in to release them, you can purchase the tool from a local auto shop like checker or auto zone. Let the guys at the counter know what it is you are doing and they will know what tool it is you need.
robt46

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2005 1:42 pm    Post subject: Leaking Radiator Reply with quote

Hey thanks for the comeback. I have the set of release tools although I never used them on the trans lines. Only fuel lines. The coupler to flex has no tabs to push in. The tool does,nt have anything to push against. Crazy huh. Like to find somone who used them on this year and model mabe they changed things. Anyway I'm gonna look at it some more mabe I'm doing it wrong. Robt.
robt46

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2005 5:17 pm    Post subject: Leaking radiator Reply with quote

Well I finally figured the dissconnect on the flex return line. If anybody tells you there's rubber tabs you push in with a release tool. Better look closer. On my Cherokee the coupling had the release tabs inside the fitting. And they were metal tabs holding the tube in. This got gunked up so bad it looked like it was molded that way. I had to chisel, soak in WD40 blow out and clean out behind the tabs to insert the release tool.So watch out it may not be a 5 min. job. Took me a while. Also mine was in a bad place . No room to work on it. Everything else was cake compared to this. Robt.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Cherokee Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: