Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Jeep AC working wierd

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jefferywilson1980

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2005 5:20 am    Post subject: Jeep AC working wierd Reply with quote

I recently bought a 98 Jeep Grand Cherokee and the AC will blowing out

the vents until i push the gas then it will change to what seems like the

defroster i think it is a sensor that is going bad but i dont know which one

it is also the gas milage is going down drastically and it is over heating

even though i have changed the thermostat fan clutch flushed the system

any help would be greatly apperciated
Kirk715

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 9:45 pm    Post subject: Grand Cherokee A/C weirdness & overheating Reply with quote

Hi - I too have had A/C problems that when I go up a hill especially at higher speeds, the A/C starts blowing out the defroster vent. The dealer is skeptical that I have a problem. It usually goes away when the car levels out or power drops. I have to believe that it is a loose vent cover that the angle of the car will set off in combination with the airflow. I just figure it is not worth spending money on.

Re; Overheating - I went to a lower pressure radiator cap. I think the original specs call for 18 psi, but I have been using 13 psi with fine results. I think the higher psi was preventing the thermostat from functioning. I was getting overheating in the engine with cold water/fluid still iin the radiator.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Grand Cherokee Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: