Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

32X11.50 VS. 33X10.50? NEED OPINIONS!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
CANTERMAN

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 5:49 am    Post subject: 32X11.50 VS. 33X10.50? NEED OPINIONS! Reply with quote

Hello people,Please give me your thoughts.
I have 2'' RE BB w/HD OME shocks on the '03 Rubi and I cant for the life of me figure out which wheel/tire combo to go with. Mainly going for the aggresive look for now untill I pay it down/off. Its either gain 1'' on width(32x11.50) or 2'' on the hieght (33x10.50) and if I go w/11.50 would that require a 10'' wheel or would 8'' be fine. Either will have 3.75'' backspace.
gtrsnax

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All I can say is that 8" wheel will be fine for either, thats my understanding anyway.
AggieDog

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it were me, I would go with the 32 x 11.50 in an aggressive tread. With only a BB, I think I would hold off on 33's until I lifted higher.
04 Rocky Mtn Edition TJ, 4.0 L 5 Speed Manual, D44 rearend,4.56 gears, Jeeperman rear bumper, swingaway, Jamboree rack, Warn front bumper, Warn steering box skid plate, Warn oilpan skidplate, Rubicon 3.5 lift, Warn CE M8000 winch.
ehirner

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 32s will have less negative effect on the vehicle's performance since they have a smaller diameter. You aren't really saving any weight by going with a narrower tire, even though it's taller. The 32x11.5R15 is a more standard size and is available in a much broader selection of tire models.

You would want to stick with 8" wide wheel for either of those size tires. I'd actually recommend a 7" wide wheel for the 10.5" wide tires.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> TJ Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: