Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What CV Driveshaft ???

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bltracer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 10:36 am    Post subject: What CV Driveshaft ??? Reply with quote

Well my Jeep is up in the air on stands, while I am installing a RE 3 1/2" Superflex kit. I have read up on the subject of the "Vibes" and am going to do it right the first time. I have ordered the AA SYE kit but I almost choked when I was told the CV Drivshaft was going to be an additional $315 Shocked .

So I put it to all of you, what CV Driveshafts are you using. The guy at 4 Wheel Parts said he has Procomp for the $315... (this was the same guy that said the RE kit came with upper control arms... and it didn't... Crying or Very sad )

I also went with the Rancho 9000 shocks, as I got all four delivered for $200 after a rebate...

So far the install is going well, front is done (except for the adjustable track bar I just ordered) and will start the rear tomorrow.

Thanks for any input,

BLTRacer
ehirner

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You'll learn something really fast if you keep shopping at 4WheelParts, they SUCK!

Call DC4WD (phone is at www.dc4wd.com ) and get yourself a Tom Woods shaft. He last quoted me $260 shipped for a shaft custom built to my needed length. If you go to www.4xshaft.com, you can see how you're supposed to measure to get the proper length.
bltracer

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone know if the front and rear U-Joint the same on the rear drive shaft after the conversion?

Thanks,

BLTRacer
Eye4Mud

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you want to do it right the 1st time give Jesse at High Angle Drivelines a call. They are located in CA too!

http://highangledriveline.com/
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> TJ Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: