Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

NEW TO THE FORUM AND THE WORLD OF JEEPS!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
CANTERMAN

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 12:47 am    Post subject: NEW TO THE FORUM AND THE WORLD OF JEEPS! Reply with quote

HELLO TO EVERYONE
I OWN AN 03 RUBI AND AFTER 8 MONTHS OF READING ALL THE POPULAR MAGS AND STUDYING OTHERS FEEDBACK ON THE FORUMS
I HAVE DECIDED TO INSTALL THE RE 2''BB W/OME SHOCK UPGRADE. ALSO PUTTING EXTRA 3/4'' PUCKS IN FRONT TO COMP FOR THE WINCH.
WHAT DO YA THINK? 300 MILE PER WEEK ON THE HIGHWAY SO I DONT
WANT TO CHANGE TO MUCH RIGHT YET. CAN SOMEONE TELL ME WHY ALL LIFT KITS (2'') SAY THAT YOU CAN RUN 31'S ON YOUR TJ W/THIS KIT AND MY RUBI CAME WHITH 31'S AND IVE BEEN TOLD I CANT RUN 33'S WITH THIS SAME 2'' GAIN? DOES THE RUBI HAVE A LIFT FROM THE FACTORY THE SPORT AND SAHARA DOESNT HAVE? LAST QUESTION BEING WHAT IS THE POPULAR WHEEL /TIRE SETUP FOR THIS SUSPENSION UPGRADE IM GETTING? tHANK YOU AND LOOK FORWARD TO TALKING TO YOU ALL. wAY SHORTER NEXT TIME. Very Happy
Eye4Mud

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats on the rubi.

Your Rubicon does come with slightly longer stock springs, and measures about 1" taller than the other stock jeeps.

You can safely put on 32" tires with the 2" BB. If you go bigger you will experience rubbing up front when turning, and rubbing in back when flexed. I would just stick with the stock tires until you decide to goto a bigger lift.

Have fun!
ehirner

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Turn off caps lock.
Gamgan

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

welcome to the boards, grats on the jeep, and keep us informed on what you do,

I am planning on doing a similar set up on my, a 2" boost and OME shocks, but unfortunalty the girls got sick and my "jeep funds" turned into "medical bills funds"

So did my " snorkel funds" turn into "new books for the semester funds"

some day some day Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> TJ Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: