Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Another rear diff. Question!!!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
boncur

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 4:56 am    Post subject: Another rear diff. Question!!! Reply with quote

I just installed aa sye on my 01 XJ Sport, i'm about to order a Driveshaft. My rear diff is like on 5 degree angle and it's not pointing to the Transfer Case.
My question: Is there any way i can make my rear diff. point to the TC (change the angle)? Should i get the degree shims, is that my only way out?
Anyways my Jeep is sitting duck cuz of this proplem. I don't want to measure/order the driveshaft and then find out i could of made my rear diff point to the TC. PLZ HELP
Thank you for help and any input in advance!!!!

----Adrian
P.s. Do you guys have any rec. on wheel spacer i need to get those too(store phone #, website would be helpfull)!!! This little project of lifting my Jeep is sucking last penny out of my wallet.
ThePhantum
Pissed-Off Admin
Pissed-Off Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How much lift is on it?

97 XJ Sport with a bunch of stuff
Quote:
Never argue with idiots, they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
boncur

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

about 4 inches and 31/10.5

I got 3.5 RE super flex lift and I did the same thing you did with shocks in the rear using old swaybar(not sure if that gives u any lift). But compared to stock it looks like the car lifted around 4 to 5 inches!!!
badger

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

measure it as it is .even if you come out with a vibration put some shims in.its not going to change anything enough to matter.have you ever noticed how little your driveshaft will move under full compression and full droop

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
ThePhantum
Pissed-Off Admin
Pissed-Off Admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea, with an SYE at that lift height you should not need shims...worst case you can always add them later.

BPE will not give you any lift, but they give you flexability in shock selection. Plus they can give you a little more droop (depending on the shock you are running).

97 XJ Sport with a bunch of stuff
Quote:
Never argue with idiots, they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Cherokee Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: