Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

buying advice

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Brad S

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 5:57 pm    Post subject: buying advice Reply with quote

I have found a pair of Jeep Cherokees that are wrecked and I am looking at buying them to fix up.
The first is the one I would fix, it is a 1998 Cherokee Sport. v6 - not sure about the mileage. The front end is pretty smashed up, needs new hood, front grill, headlights, bumper, and left corner panel.
The 2nd is a 1992 Cherokee to be used for parts.

What price range would be reasonable negotiation for these? Or what would be some things to help determine what the price should be.
He has not given me a price for what he wants for them.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 9:25 am    Post subject: buying Jeeps Reply with quote

Hello, first all of the Cherokee has either a straight 6 or 4 cylinder. No V6's which is a good thing for the I6 can get 300k + on them. The straight or I6 is close to bullet proof. The issue I see is the one you want to use for parts is the older body style so the fenders and front end parts will not match directly unless you plan to do some fabrication. The body was updated in 97 to make the lines smoother. Hard to guess a price without knowing how bad it's damaged (radiator and a/c stuffed messed up?), the mileage and the rest of the condition. Also, this is a unibody vehicle so the frame is possibly bent depending on how bad the impact was. You can buy a 98 around $4k-ish here with 100k if you watch so maybe you can figure a price from there. If the damaged vehicle was totalled you probably have to get a salvage title from the state, more fun. I'd think you'd be better off buying aftermarket fenders new if that's what you need. Good luck!
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Cherokee Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: