Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

'98 Sport airbag recall

View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 2:42 pm    Post subject: '98 Sport airbag recall Reply with quote

Took the Sport in to the dealer this morning for an airbag module recall. The recall was issued in May of 2000 so most probably have the work already done. After picking the vehicle up this pm I snooped around to see what was done as anyone would do. Seems the Recall was to take the module out from under the drivers seat and position it in the center concel(?) That's an assumption since there is nothing but a gap under the seat and half the screws to the center storage were loose and out of alignment. Also since the operation I noticed that the indicators on the shifter (auto) do not line up with the letters on panel. Another assumption that they moved the center councel and didn't get is lined up straight. Some more work to do... Rolling Eyes They also broke off two of the bolts holding the seat to the floor and had to retap and replace.
The recall was NR 860 for those who might be interested. I told the svc mgr that I was going to post the recall on a forum, (she) said that anyone who wants to get a complete recall list for their vehicle can call 1-800-992-1997 and have their VIN handy. This is customer svc for the Jeeps.
Any quick tips on re-aligining the shifter with the panel??
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Cherokee Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: