Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Windshield wiper problems

View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 6:08 am    Post subject: Windshield wiper problems Reply with quote

I just bought a 1990 cherokee and it seems to be having weird problems with the windshield wipers. When I turn them on sometimes they'll stop halfway up the windshield and other times they'll go once or twice and then stop halfway up the windshield. Sometimes if I wait a while they'll go the rest of the way, but then they'll just stop again and sometimes I actually have to get out and move them with my hand until they move by themselves. I've noticed when it stops halfway up my radio will kick of and then back on really quick and my heater and lights will either go out for a sec or dim for a sec. Does this sound like some krazy kind of short somewhere or could the wiper motor cause something like this?
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 7:27 pm    Post subject: motor Reply with quote

sounds like the wiper motor is gone . or the wiper transmission is gone
im not crazy im sane challenged

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've studied the manual for a while. I am having a problem with my wipers also. The problem you described makes me think the circuit breaker is tripping and resetting. (just a guess). This could be caused by the breaker being tired, or a heavier than expected load causing the breaker to trip. This could be a motor with an intermittant short or shorted windings. Another cause could be a bad ground or loose wire. Or it could be a problem with the intermitant wiper module, but that would not affect your radio or heater. I have not figured out where the various parts are on the car to start trouble shooting my problem.
red XJ 6" lift & lockers
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Cherokee Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: