Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

State Your Case - which is best Long Arm Suspension Lift?

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Which Long Arm suspension lift is best
Rubicon Express
66%
 66%  [ 2 ]
Rock Krawler
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Clayton
33%
 33%  [ 1 ]
Tuff Country
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Full Traction
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Tomken
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Teraflex
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 3

ZONA

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 3:09 pm    Post subject: State Your Case - which is best Long Arm Suspension Lift? Reply with quote

What Long Arm suspension lift is best and explain your opinion why. I know I would like to know the pros and cons of each and there are probably many others who could benefit from knowing this as well. Thanks.
ThePhantum
Pissed-Off Admin
Pissed-Off Admin

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In all the research I've done, I'm not happy with any of the solutions listed above. Mainly because of the clearance issues with the arms. The only one I like is Nth Degree Mobility's setup.

The problem is that it's an integrated LA solution for TJ's (front and rear arms). I'm still working on if there's a way to retrofit the front arms to XJ's. The problem I see is that TJ's have a full frame and the arms are designed to tuck into it. So I'm not sure if it will work with a unibody.

97 XJ Sport with a bunch of stuff
Quote:
Never argue with idiots, they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
ZONA

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ThePhantum wrote:
In all the research I've done, I'm not happy with any of the solutions listed above. Mainly because of the clearance issues with the arms. The only one I like is Nth Degree Mobility's setup.

The problem is that it's an integrated LA solution for TJ's (front and rear arms). I'm still working on if there's a way to retrofit the front arms to XJ's. The problem I see is that TJ's have a full frame and the arms are designed to tuck into it. So I'm not sure if it will work with a unibody.

So if you had to do a 4.5" lift right now to a Cherokee - which would you choose? Or would you just go with a short arm and if so, which kind?

I have to get some kind of lift on this thing soon and I don't want a piece of crap. Is the clearance issue the only thing you see wrong with the top LA's?
TexAgs08

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the RE 4.5" Short Arm and it works great for me, unless you are planning on doing some major crwaling i would just go with the shorts, but thats just my opinion.
ThePhantum
Pissed-Off Admin
Pissed-Off Admin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ditto. With a 4.5" lift I would stick to short arms. There's no real advantage to having long arms at that lift height.

Quote:
Never argue with idiots, they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
ehirner

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sure there is...the LCAs are significantly more parallel to the ground and you will have a smoother ride.
ThePhantum
Pissed-Off Admin
Pissed-Off Admin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not really at 4.5" though. Long arms will not do very much to smooth out the onroad ride at that height. Short arms should be more than sufficent...mainly due to the longer wheelbase of XJ's coupled with the rear leaf springs (TJ's are a different story). Once you get to around 5.5" or 6" and up is when the LA's really start to make a difference. That's why the manufacturers don't make XJ LA kits for lifts under 6".

Quote:
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Cherokee Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: