Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

TJ stock console subwoofer not working with aftermarket deck

View previous topic :: View next topic  
LL Cool Jeep

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 7:57 am    Post subject: TJ stock console subwoofer not working with aftermarket deck Reply with quote

I have a 2001 sahara, i read in a previous forum about a stock amp. But it wasnt of the same question that i have. I installed an aftermarket cd deck, and after i did i noticed that my stock subwoofer console did not work. I took it apart and noticed there are 4 wires coming out of it. Someone told me i needed to rewire that directly to the aftermarket deck. But i dont know what wires do what, there are 4 and they arnt labled. I figure 1 is the battery, one is the relay to turn the amp on when the cd player turn on, and 2 are for the speker (+) and (-) wires. Was this guy right or is he just talking smack? Someone else told me to go get a small aftermarket amp and bipass the stock one, because it only can be used with the stock cd player. Which i think is bull, from my limited electronic knowledge, an amp is an amp and a cd player is a cd player. Any suggestions and/or ideas on how to hook up the stock subwoofer amp in my center console to my aftermarket deck? Thanks
Jeepers

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ran into the same problem today with my '04 TJ.. I didn't realize it until I had everything put back together.. I didn't turn up the stereo very loud to test it before sealing it back up. I'll be ripping it back apart tomorrow and will let you know if I come up with anything.
Code3TJ
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moving this to the electronic section. Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Electronic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: