Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

tranny problem

View previous topic :: View next topic  
blockhead

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 4:11 pm    Post subject: tranny problem Reply with quote

My cj7 tranny has abit of a problem.I was driving the other day pulled up to stop sign,when i went to leave i could not get the tranny into any gear.
i noticed that when you attempt to put it into a gear like 2nd the truck moves forward slowlythe more pressure you apply on the shifter.I was able to move the jeep by turning it off then starting it in 2nd gear and then drove away.When the vehicle is driving you can shift it into 3rd but no other gear.There is a new clutch ,pressure plate and throw out bearing in it (500 miles ago).The clutch pedal resistance is the same and the clutch
linkage movves freely.It is a 78 cj with 258 in it.not sure of the tranny model.Any suggestions?????
chappy

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a long shot but I replaced a clutch in my 'Cuda and I had simular problems. I ended up needing to put new stop rings on the sincro's. I would have replaced sincro's at the same time but they were not available.

This problem started as soon as the clutch was repalced. So I do not think this is your problem.

One question. If you get it into gear and are driving the Jeep. When you push in the clutch does the Jeep quit pulling? Or does it act like the clutch is still engaged.

If it still pulls will the clutch fully depressed than your linkage is out of adjustment.

Good luck
Matt
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> CJ Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: