Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

No Longer a pitiful STOCKER!

Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> FM2CD
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jppilot61

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 2:10 pm    Post subject: No Longer a pitiful STOCKER! Reply with quote

I am ELATED with it and I'm really looking forward to wheelin it! Course I still need my Rear Drive Shaft.

RE6130 4.5" XJ Super-Flex Kit
RE1801 Slip Yoke Eliminator Kit NP231 Pre-1996
RE1898 Driveshaft CVF RE1801/7 (On Order)

Goodyear MTR 32 x 11.50R15 Tires
Cragar Series 352 Black Simulated Bead lock Steel Wheels

I will still likely need to do some trimming but . . . That's another story!

THANKS for EVERYTHING Phantum !!! Very Happy
Jen2Goofy
Trail Goddess
Trail Goddess

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

very nice!! btw, I like the tires and rims Wink

Mark is a copy cat, I had them first! rofl

MJ, can you get in it or will Mark need to get you a stoll?

www.vajeepgirls.com

www.fm2cd.com

(O||||||O)
StreetDoc

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How are you susposed to hit rocks with that? rofl

Oh no, I see it now - Black 2s crazy jeep
DEFINITION OF A VETERAN A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
majikxms

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jen2Goofy wrote:
very nice!! btw, I like the tires and rims Wink

Mark is a copy cat, I had them first! rofl

MJ, can you get in it or will Mark need to get you a stoll?

Looks better on an XJ!!! rofl
jppilot61

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 4:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mary Jane ABSOLUTELY needs a Stool! She has to perform an AWKWARD manueuver to try to crawl up into seat as it is now!

We will either need to load her in ONCE before we leave home and she'll have to take care of everything else in the vehicle (Could be unpleasent!) OR we'll need to install Rock Rails/Running Boards with a step incorporated! (ALL part of my master plan!)
Billy's89XJ

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks good Mr. Green Great job!!!!
jppilot61

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally got my Rear Drive Shaft! (Monday)

Immediately decided to TRY to get it mounted. Almost immediately realized that in the confusion of the difficult SYE Installation, the Dead Battery and several trips back and forth to Phantom's house, I lost the 4 Bolts and Lock Nuts to mount Drive Shaft. I called RE to get spec's on Grade 8 bolts and nuts and was informed that IF we had already mounted the SYE Flange WITHOUT the bolts installed from BACKSIDE that we had already messed up! I argued that Instructions didn't say a word about that and I was informed that I must have an OLD set of instructions. (I went and checked mine and the websitre to make sure this was not mentioned and it was not!

I was smuggly notified by RE that they recomemend PROFESSIONAL installation! I was a wee bit peeved! I plan to write them a LONG DETAILED letter after I calm down a bit!

So I went out got replacement hardware and began my 2 day ordeal to get Stainless Steel Flange off (It was almost impossible to get back on again LAST WEEK when I discovered the Oil Seal wasn't seated correctly - ANOTHER step that wasn't adequately covered in Installation Instructions!!! Was eventually lucky enough after two days of pounding on it to get it to slip partially off so I could mount bolts from back (with Thread Lock as recommended by RE). Then POUNDED it back in place and bolted it firmly to Transfer Case output shaft and FINALLY mounted and Greased my Driveshaft!

I am now mobile!

ANOTHER HARD LESSON LEARNED!

I am MOST anxious to go wheeling after MJ and I get back from Scotland!
majikxms

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As many lifts and mods Steve has done I would think he qualifes as a professional....professional what is the question, but professional none the less Finger
jppilot61

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 3:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is the way I felt too!

I would NOT have wanted to try that installation without his help!

They really "Frosted my Flakes" with that comment and their attitude about their instructions and my delima! I am pleased with the outcome and their product but am dissapointed with their lack of customer service.

They seemed to assume certain steps would be taken even though they completely left those steps out of Their INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS! They even seemed aware of the fact that they weren't in there but have made NO move to correct them? Its ONLY a piece of paper, how long does it take to clarify and reprint them for the next poor sap!

I had chosen to order DIRECTLY from Rubicon Express versus a authorized distributor in case I needed their assistance in exactly such a circumstance! I am still gullible enough to hope that my experiences with them on the phone were just coincidence of catching a couple of different people on OFF days and NOT representative of their true company mode of customer service!
quadna71

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 6:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jppilot61 wrote:
...I am still gullible enough to hope that my experiences with them on the phone were just coincidence of catching a couple of different people on OFF days and NOT representative of their true company mode of customer service!

hate to break it to you but you didn't catch them on an off day. RE's customer service flatly sucks - but the quality of their parts generally makes up for it. speaking from experience...not heresy.
chris

p.s. awesome looking XJ!!!!
jppilot61

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 4:59 pm    Post subject: Trimmed some today! Reply with quote

Before:

After:

Will likely remove the fenders from rear, trim what I can then install DPG Rear adjustable bump stop plates.

Still need to replace exhaust (old, leaks and pretty banged up from last Paragon trip!

I also have a replacement Gas tank (also dented severely from Paragon last year) that I'd like to install before March! Only have about 3/4 of capacity it should but doesn't leak.

What Think?
ThePhantum
Pissed-Off Admin
Pissed-Off Admin

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice job. good mod

97 XJ Sport with a bunch of stuff
Quote:
Never argue with idiots, they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
majikxms

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a straight ass cut, great job!!!
jppilot61

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 10:45 am    Post subject: I just replaced my saggy old headline Reply with quote

I just replaced my saggy old headliner with the kit I ordered from

www.wlsheadliners.com

I found it very easy and hardest part was removing all trim to release the headliner backer board.

I could probably do a better job it Idid it over again but it is definitely an improvement over the old one which drooped all over the place.

What's everyone else doing as far as upgrades getting ready for Wheelin Weather. (Guess I could have started new thread but . . . . )

Last edited by jppilot61 on Tue Jul 18, 2006 7:54 am; edited 1 time in total
rovertmutt

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 8:21 am    Post subject: Mods? Reply with quote

Not much. I'm getting ready to order a lock rite for my rear. I might get a skid or two and another tow hook up front, but that might be it for a bit.

Yank can't wait for the next trip. He keeps going to the jeep every time I let him out front.

-Trevor.

[edit] provided that Steve could lend me a hand, garage, and tools. Mr. Green [/edit]
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> FM2CD All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: