Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Small coolant leak

View previous topic :: View next topic  
rodneyjt24

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 11:36 am    Post subject: Small coolant leak Reply with quote

88 Cherokee with a straight 6. I have a small coolant leak that appears to commimg from the pass side or center of engine. All the hoses are good, no leaks from them. Just cant seem to find where this is from. Heater core is good. Could it be from any plugs on the rear of the engine? Which ones?
ThePhantum
Pissed-Off Admin
Pissed-Off Admin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There should be plugs on the side of the engine block. That could be the cause of the leaking.

97 XJ Sport with a bunch of stuff
Quote:
Never argue with idiots, they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
rodneyjt24

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I looked at the ones on the side, they appear to be ok. There are two behind the flywheel, one on the back of the head. Guess I will have to try and check them too.
87xj

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It could be the resevoir bottle itself. I had the same problem on my 87, the nipple 1/2 way up the bottle on the right has a tendancy to crack. If this is the problem just order a new one off of ebay (i used 1aauto or something like that, they are located maybe 20 minutes from me). Make sure it has the steel reinforced nipples or you might end up doing it again.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Cherokee Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: